CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Jewelry, Eating Out, & Haircuts

IMG_5530 We had an easy breakfast this morning of cereal & eggs for those who didn’t want cereal.  I got cleaned up and the sisters worked on going through the things in Rufio’s room.  Aunt Jeri found this butterfly pin, which Ruifo is wearing in one of my very favorite pictures of her.  It was in a box that let us know it was the first one that Rufio’s Mom (Clara) gave to her in high school!

IMG_3422 Ashley, Bianca, & Quincy came to visit and we went to lunch at Cafe Rio.  It was SO GOOD to see them again and spend time w/ them.  I can’t get over how alike Autumn & Bianca are.  I wish we lived closer, or were at least able to come and visit more, b/c I know that they would get along famously. I am so thankful that Ashley want to stay in touch and make sure that our girls have a relationship w/ each other.

IMG_5536 After lunch, they dropped me back off at Rufio’s.  The sisters were in the throes of going through all her jewelry and deciding who gets what.  They had already gone through and decided who would get what of her nice rings.  This was more of her earrings, necklaces, and non-expensive jewelry.  It was all very orderly and everyone took turns picking first.  Mom got some really nice earrings for me that I will wear all the time!

IMG_3433 After that, all the sisters were worn out so we all took a quick little snooze while we waited for the men.  They had gone out to run some errands and they also went to see the new Exodus movie.  They called when the movie was over and we met up at Red Lobster for Uncle Keith’s birthday dinner.  That’s where he picked since it’s his birthday today.  The food was really good, but too expensive in my opinion.  The best part was just being together and talking and laughing and sharing memories.

IMG_5542 We got home at 7:00 and my cousins Josh & Craig were here to say hi.  We had 11 people crammed into Rufio’s little living room & kitchen.  I bet she’s so thrilled to have so many members of her family gathered together.

IMG_5567 Josh came down to give us haircuts.  He’s a master barber and is so stinkin’ talented!  We were laughing that we were sitting on the steps waiting our turn to get our hair cut just like little kids that are so eager for Christmas morning.

IMG_5555 I love watching Josh work his magic, b/c he is so good at what he does.  We’re so lucky to have a master barber in the family that will make house calls for special clients like us. LOL!

IMG_5559 I got my hair cut super short for me (right above my shoulders), and he added some swoopy bangs.  It will take some getting used to for me.  But, I think we look super snazzy for the funeral.  I love being able to spend time w/ my cousins, and creating memories we’ll cherish.

No comments: