CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 11, 2015

A ROUGH Day

IMG_5866 Let me just start by saying that today did NOT GO WELL!!!  I hope that nobody who reads my blog thinks that our lives are perfect & happy & hunky dory all the time, b/c that simply is NOT true.  We for sure have our struggles and today is just one of many examples of that.

I made the decision that we weren’t going to go to church today, b/c we’re still both coughing a lot and we sound horrible.  We don’t have fevers, but I didn’t want us hacking up a lung during the prayers or songs.  It was ward conference, so I felt really bad I wasn’t there for that, but health & family come first.  We spent the morning playing games & cuddling and watching movies.  Autumn asked to watch Princess Diaries, so I put it on for her and then laid down on the couch & fell asleep, b/c I’m still recovering from being sick.  When I woke up for my little nap, she had dumped out a whole big gallon ziplock bag of rainbow loom bands on the floor.  I warned her that she would need to pick ALL of them up before the end of the day.  Well, as the day progressed she just got sassier & sassier w/ me.

I think we both weren’t feeling good & we’ve spent too much time together, b/c we’re out of our normal routines with being sick.  Well, she got mad b/c I told her she needed to clean up, so she proceeded to kick her pile of rainbow loom bands all over the living room (that’s what this is a picture of).  I didn’t lose my cool (even though I was freaking out inside) & I calmly told her that SHE would be picking all of them up w/out any help from me, b/c SHE chose to kick them all over.  She just looked at me w/ a defiant look on her face, and kept kicking them.  I put myself in my room for a time out for a little bit so I didn’t lose my cool.  Well, that didn’t help like I thought it would, b/c I did end up losing my cool later in the day.  It was NOT A PRETTY SIGHT!  Lots of tears were shed and lots of apologizing & asking for forgiveness was done from both of us!

IMG_5874While Autumn was having some quiet/alone time to cool down, she organized her room.  I liked how she had all of her dolls & stuffed animals arranged on her bed.  Satan for sure was working overtime on us today, and he got the better of us for a while.  I feel like Autumn & I took 5 huge steps backwards in our relationship and how far we’ve come.  Our relationship really suffers when I yell & get bossy with her.  Hopefully we can work on rebuilding that trust & kindness we had.  I hate having bad days like today, but they help to remind me that we all make mistakes and that I can keep working on being a better person & especially a better mother.  Here’s to starting over again tomorrow!

No comments: