CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Tender Mercy In The Form Of Some Lindt Chocolates

IMG_6145 OH.MY.GOODNESS! Today was World War III, just because I made Autumn wear her white dress to church today. I guess b/c we had had such a spiritual day yesterday, Satan was working his hardest on us to cause hateful feelings & contention. We got up, had some breakfast, relaxed, and then got ready for church. That’s when things fell apart. Autumn didn’t want to wear her dress, but I wanted her to b/c I still needed to get some pictures of her w/ people at church who had come to her baptism. I even told her if she wore her white dress then she could wear the pearl necklace that Rufio gave me for my high school graduation. Anyways, when it came time to leave she went into FULL ON melt down mode. I had to literally pick her up and carry her out to the car. I’m surprised the neighbors didn’t call the cops w/ how loudly she was screaming & carrying on.

We got to church & she just sat & cried through half of sacrament. She finally laid her head down on my lap & went to sleep.

IMG_6149On our drive to church, she got mad & threw something at me while I was driving. I don’t tolerate that AT ALL, so I pulled over into a neighborhood & got out of the car so I could talk to her. Just then, one of the 17 year old young men in the ward drove past & asked if everything was ok. I told him no, that we were having some issues but that we would be to church in a little bit and thanks for stopping to check on us. He’s one of the neatest young men I know. He just “gets it” and is the only member of the church in his family & he faithfully attends seminary & all his meetings by himself. Anyways, between sacrament meeting & Sunday School he came over & gave me this bag of Lindt chocolates b/c he could tell I was having a rough day. I almost burst into tears on the spot. It meant so much to me that he would be so thoughtful. Such a tender mercy.

Autumn stayed w/ me through Sunday school & even went to Young Women’s with me. I was so frazzled & forgot that we were picking names for “secret sisters” this week for “Love Week.” I hurried & cut up the names off our roster so the girls could pick their person. One of the Laurels taught the lesson today & did a wonderful job. I’m so impressed w/ most of our youth these days!

Autumn went home w/ a family in our ward b/c I had to stay for BYC. I spaced that too, & didn’t even get an agenda printed out for it. So, we just made it work. After the meeting I dropped one of the YW off at home, went and picked up Autumn, and we went home and relaxed. There was a single adult fireside tonight, but there was no way I was going to make it to that after the crazy weekend we had. I got Autumn to bed right at 8:00 so she could get plenty of sleep. Then I watched Downton Abbey, edited pics, blogged, and went to bed.

No comments: