CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Modesty & Mulan

P1120525 Today was one of my “leave work early Wednesdays” b/c Autumn had Activity Days. For their activity tonight they cut out images of people dressed modestly & made collages. They talked about what it means to be modest in dress, speech, and action. While Autumn was busy doing that, I found an unoccupied classroom in the church and sat & blogged and edited pics while I waited for her to finish.

Also, Mom & Dad left for Germany today. They wanted to go visit our sweet German neighbors that we used to live next to when we were stationed there. They knew if they didn’t do it now, then they might not get the chance after their mission. I’m so jealous & told them to eat some extra brochen (German rolls) & schnitzel for me.

P1120526 We dropped Jessica off, came home, had some dinner, and then turned around and went back to the church (same room even) for Young Women’s. We were combined tonight and watched Mulan and talked about individual worth. We also tried to find gospel related things in there, and it was pretty funny. We said we were watching it b/c Donny Osmond does the singing voice of Shang in “Be A Man.” LOL! We noticed prayer, family history, courage, faith, modesty, discipline, strength, etc. Here are some of my favorite quotes:

“So when I look in the mirror I’d see someone worthwhile.” ~ Mulan

“I’ll have to face my father (in heaven) sooner or later.” ~ Mulan

“The greatest gift and honor is having you for a daughter.” ~Mulan’s Dad (Fa Zhou)

“The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.” ~The Emperor of China

“No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it.” ~Emperor of China

“A single grain of rice can tip the scale. One man (or woman) may be the difference between victory and defeat.” ~The Emperor of China

No comments: