CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 27, 2015

Snow & Sledding

IMG_6352 I dropped Autumn off at school this morning, went to work, and then it started to snow. It wasn’t icy sleet either, it was actual snow flurries. It started to accumulate, so my boss let me leave at noon. I’m so glad he let me leave early, b/c the roads were SCARY! There was a 30 car pile up on the freeway in the town just north of us! I drove home white knuckled the home time. I stopped at home to get some clothes for Autumn & I, and then I went over to Mom & Dad’s. They were busy packing, but took time out to Facetime Lexie’s family. They were going to come up after Andrew got out of school, but the roads were too bad so they aren’t going to come. We’re sad and they’re sad, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. I never cease to be amazed by technology and how we can see each other hundreds of miles away on little devices that we hold in our hands!

IMG_6354 There was about an hour while Dad was gone saying good bye to friends, Nate was at the police academy (they let them leave early b/c of the bad weather), and Riannon, Olivia, and Autumn were still at daycare. So, Mom & I took advantage of the quiet and got ourselves a bowl of this new ice cream (YUMMY) and sat on the couch and talked. I am going to miss her more than I even realize. She’s my best friend!

IMG_6357 Once everyone got home, we used a copycat recipe to make Olive Garden’s zuppa toscana soup. It was DELICIOUS and hit the spot, especially on such a cold and snowy day.

P1120549 Liz, Liberty & Jacob came over so we could sled down the hill in the back. We tried making a snowman like we did a few years ago, but the snow wouldn’t hold together. We had a BLAST sliding down the hill. This little yellow pool floatie worked the best and we used it more than the actual sled.

P1120541 We even tried these pool loungers. They worked if you held the front of them up, but as you can see Liz & Jacob wiped out!

P1120551 This was Olivia’s first time sledding and as you can see, she was NOT a big fan of it.

P1120565 Jacob on the other hand would go running down the hill, face plant into the snow, jump back up, laugh, and do it all over again!

P1120574 Good snow, good fun, good friends!

P1120582Icicles anyone??? Autumn & I spent the night at Mom & Dad’s b/c we wanted to spend more time w/ them and the roads were bad. I’m ready for spring!

No comments: