CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Pocahontas At The Statue Garden

IMG_4180 This morning I dropped Autumn off at school and then parked my car in the parking lot and waited 15 minutes for Mom to get there. We went into the school to see Autumn in her “garden statue.” All of the 2nd graders have spent the past few weeks researching a famous person they were assigned. Then they had to make a hat w/ facts about that person on it. Today they all lined up in the gym and when someone tapped them on their shoulder they had to “come to life” and tell that person facts about who they were. Since Autumn is half American Indian, she was Pocahontas.

P1120519 I had a southwestern print dress for her to wear, but she put it on this morning and didn’t like how it fit so she opted instead to wear one of my shirts that was big as at tent on her. I had to pin it in the back so it didn’t fall off her body. But, it worked and she looked super cute. She didn’t know that Mimi & I were coming, and her eyes lit up when she saw us.

IMG_4178 She did SUCH.A.GOOD.JOB and I was so super proud of her. She had quote a few people come up and tap her on the shoulder, so by the end of the 30 minutes she had her little “spiel” down and didn’t have to read it straight off her little note card. I’m so proud of my Indian Princess!

IMG_4189 This is Autumn’s good friend Ben & his family. It was SO CUTE to see all of the little 2nd graders dressed up as different characters. I went around to some of the kids I know and tapped on their shoulders. I also tapped on the shoulders of kids that didn’t seem to have parents there. I was impressed that they were able to do this as 2nd graders.

IMG_6181 Tonight for dinner we went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse b/c Mom wanted their Valentine’s Dinner special.

IMG_6183Y’all, I can’t even tell you HOW.MUCH.FOOD there was! I couldn’t even finish half of my prime rib b/c as part of the meal deal we got a bloomin’ onion appetizer, a side of ribs, 2 entrees (prime rib, rib eye steak, or chicken & ribs) and 2 sides each! We were in complete food comas by the end of the meal. We ended up taking home SIX boxes of food for leftovers. It was delicious, but there was just so much we possibly couldn’t have eaten it all. I’ll probably even take some of it to work tomorrow to share for lunch. Thanks for a fancy Valentine’s dinner, Mom & Dad!

No comments: