CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Mormon Prom

IMG_6914 The bushes in front of our house have all of a sudden sprouted some gorgeous pink blossoms.l

IMG_6915 Here’s a close up. They just make me so happy every time I pull into our driveway at the end of the day.

IMG_6923Autumn & I had dinner and then I took her over to Deckers, b/c they had offered to watch her while I went and chaperoned “Mormon Prom.” It was SO.MUCH.FUN to be there with Melanie & Karri. We had such a blast, and probably had more fun than the kids. We were there a little early and the people testing out the picture booth asked if they could use us as test subjects to make sure the lighting and settings on the camera were right. We were more than happy to oblige them. We also took some funny ones w/ the props they had, but they haven’t sent us those ones yet. If they do, I’ll have to post them b/c they were funny.

P1120665 We went and checked out the refreshment table before we had to go to our chaperoning station. The theme of the dance was “Once Upon A Time” and Amy went ALL OUT and did such a fabulous job. The table decorations & treats were incredible. I LOVED this bowl w/ the gummy frogs on one side and the Hershey kisses on the other w/ the frog in the middle. Here’s some other treats she had on the table:

  • Dragon Droppings (hot tamale candy)
  • Princess Buttercups (Reese’s peanut butter cups)
  • Little Red’s bread (slices of bread w/ cheese)
  • Magic Wands (pretzel rods)
  • 3 Bears (gummy bears)
  • Beanstalks (green licorice strands)
  • Pixie Dust (pixie sticks)
  • Castle Bricks (Hershey nuggets)
  • Forest Vines (red vine licorice)
  • Drinks were the mini bottles of water & mini bottles of apple juice

IMG_6922 The dance was held at a Westin Hotel ballroom & was super nice and super fancy. I loved seeing some of my Young Women all dressed up fancy. Melanie, Karri, and I had an easy job of just sitting on the bench in one hallway to make sure no kids wandered around the hotel. We had a great time just talking, laughing, and catching up with each other. From the comments I overheard the youth making, it was a HUGE success! I got Autumn & we went home and fell into bed at 12:30 am.

No comments: