CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Trading Babysitting

IMG_6924 It was nice to sleep in this morning, and get some things done around the house. Autumn & I got cleaned up and went to the bank to open a special account just for Nick. When we got home for lunch, Sis. VB called to see if we were home b/c she wanted to come drop something off. A few months ago when she was at my house for a YW Pres meeting she mentioned how nice one of my chairs in the front entry was. We NEVER used that chair b/c we never go in that room, so I told her she could have it. After convincing her that I REALLY wanted her to have the chair, she reluctantly took it. I haven’t thought about it since.

But, today she and her husband brought over this beautiful planter box that he makes by hand! She said they wanted to thank me for the chair, but the weather was too cold and now that it’s finally warm enough he was able to make this planter box. I had to hold back the tears, b/c I was so overcome w/ their kindness and thoughtfulness! I know it’s a gift I will enjoy every single day, b/c it will bring me such joy to see it sitting on my front porch when I pull into our driveway. There is so much goodness in the world, and I don’t know why I’m so lucky to be the recipient of so much of it!

IMG_6928I wasn’t able to go to the temple like usual this morning, b/c Nick needed to take Savi to work. Nate & Riannon said they could watch Autumn for me, so I went to the temple this afternoon. I love being in the temple and am so thankful I can go so often!

IMG_6931 After I got done at the temple, I went over to Nate & Riannon’s to watch Olivia while they went to the Ranger’s baseball game. I’m so glad that they are close so we can trade babysitting and not have to pay for babysitters. It was so gorgeous outside, so after dinner we went on a walk & went exploring. There are a bunch of purple iris that are blooming, or just on the verge of blooming in Mom & Dad’s front yard. Nature just fascinates me, and is so beautiful!!!

IMG_6948 Autumn had a great time riding her bike around on the roads while Olivia & I walked. It was good to talk to the neighbors who were out working in their yard, too. I haven’t seen them in a long time and it’s great to hear what’s going on w/ them. I just love this picture of Autumn & Olivia walking down the driveway.

IMG_6953 Cute cousins

IMG_6957 Olivia was in 7th heaven with being outside and just running around. We got out some sidewalk chalk to use, but she didn’t want to draw on the sidewalk w/ it. She just wanted to carry as many pieces as her little hand could hold. It was so cute.

IMG_6966If you look closely, you can see that the wisteria on this vine are about to bloom soon. I’ll have to take & post another pic once they bloom. They are so pretty & fragrant.

IMG_6974Once it started getting dark we came back in the house, gave Olivia a bath, and put her to bed. Then Autumn & I got busy working on this HUGE bag of tissues. It’s from Mormon Prom last night .. they were playing Minute To Win It games, and one of the games was to see who could pull as many tissues out of the box one at a time the fastest. They were just going to throw away all those tissues, but I told them I would take them b/c I hate it when perfectly good things are put to waste. So, Autumn & I sat & smoothed about 1/8 of them out and put them in bags to be reused while we watched “All Dogs Go To Heaven 2” (her choice, not mine). We spent the night b/c Nate & Riannon didn’t get home until late. I’m glad they were able to go and have a good time.

No comments: