CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11, 2015

Lessons That Last

IMG_7288 I have to brag a little about the scrumptious dinner I made tonight. I do NOT like fish, but I can stomach eating the tilapia fillets from Costco. Autumn said this dinner it was so good that it was “just like Mimi’s.” That is the highest praise ever!

IMG_7282 After dinner we had Family Home Evening. I ordered a used “Why?: Powerful Answers and Practical Reasons for Living LDS Standards” book on sale on Amazon.com and it came in the mail. Autumn was flipping through the pages and was obsessed w/ this page when she saw it. I even found this picture she took on my iPhone. So, we talked about how drugs and any other type of addiction control your life and take away your agency. We talked about how sometimes laws & commandments seem to be restrictive, but really they allow us to be free and happy when we follow them. Hopefully this will be a lesson that sticks w/ her and keeps her from making some bad choices when she’s older.

Lexie called today to let me know that Andrew finished reading the Book of Mormon! I’m so proud of him.

IMG_7269 Nick found this caffeine free Downton Abbey tea at work & bought it for me b/c he knows I LOVE Downton Abbey. It’s funny, b/c the Season 5 DVD’s just came in the mail and I was watching it.

1 comment:

Jen T said...

Your dinner does look yummy! That sounds like an interesting book I will have to look into it. Love the tea! What a find!!!