CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Youth Temple Trip

IMG_7425 I was going to go get some caramel highlights put in my hair this morning, but the girl that was going to do my hair got sick, so we had to reschedule. So, Autumn & I had a lazy day around the house. I made a big pot of Melanie’s hearty soup for lunch since it was dark and stormy out. We got some laundry done and a few other things. Then I took Autumn over to Nate & Riannon’s at 2:30 so they could watch her for me while I went on a youth temple trip. I had the Young Women meet at my house at 3:30 and we carpooled down together. I’m glad Sis. VB was driving, b/c it was SCARY w/ the torrential downpour we ran into. Luckily, we got to the temple safe and sound. We got there about 30 minutes early, so we decided to take a walk around the temple grounds. I just LOVE these incredible young ladies.

IMG_7422 Of course I had to take pictures of the beautiful hibiscus.

IMG_7423 I loved the bright & contrasting color of these plants. This is SOOC w/ no edits or filters.

IMG_7428 There were these strikingly vibrant plants in the flowerbeds near the entrance to the temple. Again, this is SOOC w/ no filters or edits and this was taken w/ my iPhone 4. Look at all that texture and color.

IMG_7430 This isn’t our whole group (some youth had already left), but I’m so proud of these youth (and leaders). We were able to do over 200 ordinances for people who have passed on and didn’t have the chance to be baptized. It was neat, b/c 20 of those women’s names were from my own family.

IMG_4762It’s tradition that after temple trips we stop and get Little Caesar’s pizzas and eat them in the parking lot while everyone just stands around and talks. But, the rain hadn’t let up at all and we all would have been drenched. Bro. F said we could go eat the pizza in his garage, and I thought that was silly to eat in the garage (I later remembered they have their house up for sale and have to do showings all the time, which was why we would have had to do eat in his garage instead of in his house). So, I said that we could do it at my house.

I hadn’t cleaned or vacuumed, I had dirty dishes in the sink, and I didn’t even have paper plates so we had to use paper bowls. But you know what … no one cared, and neither did I. It made me so happy to have my house filled w/ these great youth and leaders. Everyone had a good time talking and eating and laughing. When everyone left at 8:30 I hurried over to Nate & Riannon’s to get Autumn. I felt bad, b/c I had been gone way longer than I thought. But it was a great night and I just love our youth. Young Women’s is a very demanding calling, but it’s the times like this that all those hard times pay off.

No comments: