CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Girl’s Weekend ~ Day 2 & Daddy/Daughter Date

IMG_8016 I slept in this morning until 8:30, and it was WONDERFUL! Once everyone was awake we had a super yummy breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs, and biscuits. I love that we all work together in the kitchen so well. We took turns cooking and doing dishes.

IMG_8017 After that we got out the stuff to play a game, but then Karri mentioned something called relativefinder.org where you can connect into your family search family tree and see what famous people you are related to. For example, Barack Obama is my 11th cousin twice removed. Walt Disney is my 8th cousin 4 times removed. I also have some royal blood since Frederick II King of Denmark & Norway is my 12th great grandfather!

We could also see if we’re related to people in our Stake. Mary is my 12th cousin once removed. Karri is my 10th cousin 3 times removed. We spent a lot of WELL USED time trying to get Melanie’s family tree put into family search so we could see who she’s related to. She called her Mom & Grandma to get some info from them. I’m so glad that we were able to spend a good portion of our morning working on family history. Just one more reason I love these women so much!

IMG_8018 Once we had put in as much info as we could for Melanie, we stopped and played Sequence. It was a fun game and we played several rounds.

IMG_8019 We were so caught up in family history and then in playing Sequence that we didn’t realize it was already lunch time. Melanie was in charge of lunch and we had the softest and fluffiest baked potatoes. We decided to eat outside on the deck since it was only in the 80’s and there was a nice breeze.

P1120888 After lunch we sat around and talked for a while, and Mary was even able to get in a small nap before she had to leave and go home b/c her family wanted to go to the fireworks show tonight that our city puts on the weekend before the 4th of July. Britt had left us these fancy cups of jello and fruit and we decided we needed to get a silly picture together before Mary left.

IMG_8022 Once she left we went to the “man cave” to start our Downton Abbey Season 5 marathon. Since I’ve seen them several times I left in the middle of one of the episodes to go make dinner. I made this delicious recipe that Autumn & I have made at least once a week for the past 2 months. We didn’t finish all of season 5 b/c we were having a hard time staying awake since we were up so late last night. We called it a night at 12:30 and all went to bed.

IMG_8024 The original plan was that Autumn was going to go to my cousin’s house while I was at my girl’s weekend to play w/ his kids that are her age. But, the kids got sick so Nate & Riannon were willing to watch her for me at the last minute. The Activity Day girls were having a Daddy/Daughter date and since Autumn was going to be in town I asked Nate if he wanted to take her since Papa is in South Africa. Nate said he would be HONORED to take her.

IMG_8028 The leaders were super great and very sensitive to the fact that Autumn didn’t have her Dad there. I told them not to worry too much and not to make a big deal about it, b/c then Autumn wouldn’t make a big deal about it. From the pics Nate texted me it looks like they had a great time. I’m so thankful he took her. This is what he said, “Thanks for letting me do this. I am a pretty excited to take her! I figure thus is the sort of thing dad would do if he were here and I'm glad that she would feel comfortable enough to go with me.”

IMG_8029 After all of that fun Autumn got to have even MORE fun when they went to a party/BBQ to watch the city’s fireworks. I’m so thankful that we have family close and that she’s having so much fun while I’m away.

No comments: