CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 26, 2015

Let’s Get This Girls Weekend Par-tay Started!!!

IMG_7995Britt has been telling me that we should have one of our “Girl’s Weekends” up at their lake house. We’ve been planning it for months and were finally able to take him up on the offer this weekend. I got off of work at 4:30 and hurried home to pack up a few final items and go pick up the ladies. Mary was busy and couldn’t leave until 6:45. Karri stayed to drive up w/ her, and Melanie and I went ahead to turn on the A/C and unpack the groceries.

IMG_8001I had to take this pic and send it to Dad to let him know his baby is being well taken care of. We didn’t take it out for a ride this time.

IMG_8002  We had fun exploring the house and picking bedrooms to sleep in for the night. Christine couldn’t be with us b/c she was in Louisiana w/ one of her girls for volleyball. I can’t even express what these women mean to me. I count myself as blessed beyond belief to have so many kindred spirits in my life. We can go months and months without talking, and yet still pick up right where we left off.

IMG_8007 We talked for a long time and then played our favorite card game “hand and foot.” Britt had his freezer FULL of ice cream and he had left us a note telling us to help ourselves. I was excited to try the new Jimmy Fallon ice cream and it did NOT disappoint. It was so delicious.

IMG_8013 Mary was having a hard time staying awake around midnight b/c she had been up since 5:30 am the day before. We gave her some caffeine and it kicked in pretty quick since she never rarely drinks caffeine. She kept doing kung fu moves on Karri, who was laying on the couch.

IMG_8008 Mary kept jumping on her and pretending to be like her kids who try to snuggle down into the couch even thought there isn’t room for both of them. We were all laughing so hard and had hit the silly point b/c we were all so tired. We finally called it a night (morning???) at 3:00 am!!! I never stay up that late anymore (I used to all the time in college), but it was worth it to spend time and make memories w/ these ladies.

2015.06.26 I saw this picture floating around on Facebook & thought it was perfect for describing what’s going on in our nation right now. The Confederate Flag is being taken down b/c it symbolizes racism to a lot of people. Then today the Supreme Court ruled that same sex marriages are legal in all 50 states, so the rainbow flag is being raised. I have my opinions and feelings about both of these things but will keep them to myself b/c of all the nasty/hateful comments that are coming from people on both sides of both of these issues.

1 comment:

Jen T said...

Lots like a way fun girls weekend!!! Friends like that are true treasures! Enjoy!