CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 23, 2015

CONGRATS to Nate, The Police Academy Graduate

IMG_4772 Today started early. We were up and moving by 6:00. We got ready, had some breakfast, and then Nate & Riannon came and got Autumn at 7:30. I followed later w/ Liz, Jacob, Nick & Savi. Liz didn’t want to drive, so I drove her car since it’s roomier than mine. The occasion was that Nate was graduating from the police academy after 22 weeks of training! I’m glad we got there an hour early so we could take all our pictures before it started.

IMG_4775 Jacob looked so stinkin’ cute in his little police uniform and hat standing next to Nate in the real thing.

IMG_4780 What a cute family!

IMG_4782 He looks so sharp and handsome in his uniform.

IMG_4787 Nick & Savi. I was surprised at how nice Nick looks when he cleans up!

IMG_4795 I was so surprised when Uncle Robert, Shane, Tyler, Emily, and their kids all showed up! I didn’t know they were coming.

IMG_4797 Maggie was there, too!

IMG_4825 Britt & Curt (he didn’t want his picture taken) were there too. I have to admit that I was so emotional that so many family and friends took time off of work to come and support Nate. I know there were MANY others that wished they could have been there as well. It meant so much to have them there!

IMG_4802 Nate had told us he was the class president, but I didn’t know that meant over ALL of the other trainees. He got to march them into the assembly hall, he sat up on the stage, and he even got to give a speech! He did such a great job. I could tell he got emotional in a few spots, but he didn’t cry.

IMG_4817 It’s OFFICIAL! We are so incredibly PROUD of him and all that he has accomplished.

IMG_4821 Here’s his graduating class (I think there were about 35 of them). After it was all over we took a few more pics, gave him hugs, and then headed back home. I dropped everyone off, got my car, grabbed some lunch, and was at work by 1:30 (I should have just taken off the whole day). The only thing that could have made it any better is if Mom & Dad were there. But, they’re where they need to be!!!

Our home teacher came over tonight, since he forgot about coming last week. Autumn is really missing our other home teacher who moved out of state. She went to bed early tonight, b/c we got up so early and she had a BIG day. After the ceremony she went home w/ Nate & Riannon and they went to lunch at a BBQ place and then they went swimming so she was tuckered out!

No comments: