CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Electronics Errors

IMG_8235 I went to ward council this morning only to realize we weren’t having it b/c no one else showed up. So instead of going home for 20 minutes and coming back I just stayed at the church, found an empty classroom, and got my scripture reading for the day done.

I saw I had a missed call from Mom & Dad so during the 2nd hour I went out to my car (I had to plug in my phone b/c it was about to die) and talked to them since they will be gone this coming week on a REAL safari since the temple is closed. I just love them so much!

I got to teach all the YW combined this Sunday and we talked about covenants and the ordinances that are tied to those covenants that help us remember the covenants. It’s so weird to only have 8 – 10 girls and 2 leaders b/c so many people are out of town for the summer.

Anyways, after church we had dinner and then settled in to watch Poldark. I usually never buy the Blu-Ray version, but it was $8 cheaper than the DVD. This is a new show that I am hooked on and it airs on PBS on Sunday nights. I hate having to wait to watch the next episode for a week at a time, so when I saw it was available and on sale and I had free 2 day shipping I had to get it.

IMG_8233 We have one Blu-Ray player that used to be Mom & Dad’s that they had given to us a long time ago. We tried watching it on that, but it kept skipping and stalling. It was so annoying! No wonder Mom & Dad gave it to us. LOL. Anyways, I tried playing it on the DVD playing in my room but of course it didn’t work b/c it’s a Blu-Ray. Then I tried seeing if it would play on our Xbox, but that didn’t work either. If it hadn’t of been a Sunday, I would have gone to the store right then and there to buy a Blu-Ray player, but I decided that keeping the Sabbath Day holy was more important than watching Poldark.

When Nick got home I had to have him help me w/ our old VCR/DVD player b/c it had quit working and my new Pride & Prejudice DVD was stuck in there! We ended up having to take the whole thing apart and manually turn the cogs to get the DVD out. I’m sad we had to throw this away, b/c it’s been a great machine but the VCR player part had quit working a few months ago and then the DVD player broke. Not a good day for electronics in our house. I’m thankful for Nick’s help w/ taking it apart and rescuing my DVD.

1 comment:

Jen T said...

Love Poldark!!! sorry you had such a bad time with your electronics! That is frusturating! Hope you are able to see it all. We watch it on PBS.org and have to wait until after Sunday to see the next episode. Good stuff!