CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 20, 2015

I Caved At The Ice Cream Truck

IMG_8238 Liz texted me while I was at work today to see if we wanted to come over for dinner. She said she had made way too much and they wanted to share. So after I got Autumn from daycare we headed over to their house. There was an ice cream truck that we passed, and Autumn asked if we could get one. I told her absolutely not b/c she hadn’t eaten dinner yet. Well, we pulled up to Liz & Liberty’s house and out came Jacob & Liberty to buy a treat! Since Jacob was getting one I had to get Autumn one, too.

Liberty said they tell Jacob that when the music is playing that means the ice cream truck is OUT of ice cream! I LOVE it … so brilliant. That way they aren’t asking for ice cream every time they hear it coming down the street. Anyways, it was a special treat for Autumn to get something from the ice cream truck and we put it in the freezer for after dinner.

IMG_8240 She had made a yummy pasta dish that had grilled chicken and veggies in it. The garlic bread she made was soooooo goooood that I ate at least 4 pieces. It has creamy Italian dressing on it (I didn’t even know there was such a thing) which made it super flavorful and soft. The kids had fun running around outside and jumping on the trampoline while we talked inside. Jacob didn’t get a nap today and at one point I was laughing really hard about something and he came over and put his hand over my mouth! I guess I was being too loud for him. I know I say this all the time, but I really am so grateful for my friendship w/ Liz & Liberty. I can be my true self around them and vice versa, which makes for a special friendship.

During my lunch break today I went to WalMart and got a new Blu-Ray player. As soon as Autumn & I got home I put in Poldark. But then I turned it off b/c Autumn wanted some help w/ a craft project. Once I got her to bed, I watched the last 3 episodes. There is some major drama and plot twists that happen. When Nick got home from work he watched the last 2 episodes w/ me. When the last one was over we just looked at each other like, “what just happened?!?!?!” I ran over and grabbed the Blu-Ray case and noticed that it said on the front “Season One.” I thought it was just a short PBS series, so I was super relieved that there will be a Season 2 and that they didn’t leave us hanging. But now the new question is when will Season 2 be showing???

No comments: