CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 17, 2015

My Sick Autumn Girl

IMG_8198Autumn started to develop a little cough a few days ago and this morning when we woke up she had a 100.7 fever. She was pretty lethargic so I gave her some medicine, and then had to leave for work. Nick “watched” her which means she just stayed in my bed and watched cartoons and he made sure she didn’t burn the house down. I left work at 2:00 so I could be home in time for Nick to leave for work at 2:30.

She looked horrible and was burning up when I got home so I gave her some more medicine, made her drink something, and eat something. She perked up after about 30 minutes. It was so nice to be off early and have so much time to spend just snuggling w/ her and spending time together.

It was one of the first times that she’s been sick since Papa left, and we were for sure missing him and his expert advice on what it could be and what I could do to help her! Of course we could call him on the phone and ask him, but it’s just not the same.

IMG_8200 She said like she felt she could go to cheer practice when the time rolled around, so I dropped her off at cheer practice and went grocery shopping. I haven’t been in about 2 weeks so it was definitely time. I came home, put all the groceries away, and then still had time left before I needed to go pick her up. So I went and got my car washed. I LOVE this place I go to, b/c for $23 they wash the outside of the car, detail the wheels, and clean the inside. They even give you your choice of “smellie” to put in your car to make it smell good. It’s awesome to watch when the car comes out of the car wash part b/c at least 10 people descend on the car and start wiping the windows inside and out, spray out the little crevices of the console in between the front seats, etc. Since I spend so much time in the car, it is worth every penny to get that done every other month or so.

IMG_8203 I am SO THANKFUL to Autumn’s cheer coaches. They are great about taking pictures and sharing them w/ us parents. When I got there they said Autumn had a hard time being out in the heat but at the end of practice they went inside and had Chick Fil A for dinner w/ fruit and drinks and popsicles and she perked right up. I had no idea they were going to feed them after practice. This is SO NICE of them to do that. It’s also really nice to have 2 1/2 hours all to myself to go shopping or do things I need to get done!

1 comment:

Jen T said...

Glad she is feeling better! No fun when kids are sick! What a cute cheer team and so nice for you to have some "me" time! Hope all is well!