CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Go, Go, Go!!!

IMG_4977 Today was jam packed from the moment we woke up at 7:30 to the moment we went to bed. It was Autumn’s first cheer game of the season and the game started at 9:00, so we had to be up and getting ready pretty early. I love that the girls sat in a big circle to do their stretching.

IMG_5023 The team looks great this year! I like that their coach has each girl take a turn calling out & leading the cheer. Obviously this time it was Autumn’s turn.

IMG_4999 Last year they had buckets to sit on in-between cheers, but this year their coach wants them standing and watching them game when they’re not cheering.

IMG_5001 Here’s the big group of parents that come to cheer on the cheerleaders. We laugh about it every year that the cheerleaders have a bigger cheering section than the football players.

IMG_5034 It was a really good game, and we scored first but ultimately ended up losing by 2 touchdowns in the last 6 minutes of the game. But, we still made a tunnel for the players to run through b/c they did a great job.

IMG_5044 Team huddle, GO LIONS, and then time for snacks!

IMG_8807 We came home, had some lunch, and then I went to get my nails done. I was sitting there enjoying getting my nails filled when someone came in and asked who owns the blue Ford out in the parking lot. I said it was mine and they said it had just been hit by a car!!! WHAT!?!?! I ran out to the parking lot and what happened is that this red car was parked (no one was in it) and the parking lot is on a small slant, and I guess the brake went out and it rolled into my car. These nice ladies from the business next door saw it happen and with the help of my nail guy they pushed the car back into it’s spot.

By this time the owner of the car came out to see what was going on and he got in and put on the emergency brake. I looked to see what damage was done, and there is just a little tiny scuff mark on the underneath side of my bumper. You can’t even see it unless you’re kneeling down on the ground. I went ahead & got his insurance info anyways just in case there’s an issue w/ the muffler & tail pipe, which are near that part of the bumper. He was so apologetic, but it wasn’t his fault. The whole thing was a completely random accident. I’m glad no one was hurt and that there was no real damage.

IMG_8827 After I got my nails done I told Autumn we could go over to the fair. They have a fair at one of the local churches every year for just a weekend, and we’ve never been able to go before b/c we’ve had other things going on. We had a few hours to kill so we decided to check it out. Autumn really wanted to ride the Ferris wheel b/c she’s never been on one before.

IMG_8818 She was holding on to my arm for dear life. She was squeezing it so hard and would NOT let go! I guess she’s a little bit afraid of heights and didn’t know it. When the ride was over and she was back on solid ground I asked her if she liked it and she said yes. LOL!

IMG_8829 We walked around to check out some of the other rides and games. We ended up going on one more ride (tickets were $4 each per ride!!!) called the Scorpion. It was CRAZY!!! Autumn’s face in this picture cracks me up, b/c she was NOT excited to try this ride. While we were on it I could just picture the seats we were in coming loose from the ride and flying off into the street (you can see behind me that it was right next to the sidewalk). I don’t know how many G forces we felt on that ride, but we were both a little dizzy when we got off. I’m proud of Autumn for trying a scary ride with me.

IMG_8844 We left the fair and went over to the convention center to meet up w/ Nate, Riannon, Olivia, Liz, Liberty, and Jacob. Nate got free tickets from the police break room to the Home & Garden Show. I’ve worked at these shows before and this one was pretty dead. There was hardly anyone there! I felt so bad for the vendors. We had fun walking around and seeing what there was to see.

IMG_8862 Autumn & I came home and got some chores done b/c our house was getting messy. I cleaned off all the piles on the kitchen counter (a huge feat), vacuumed, did some laundry, and made dinner. Then at 7:00 Liz & Alison came over to watch Far From The Madding Crowd. We had fun talking, laughing, snacking, and watching the movie. I’m thankful for good friendships. WHEW … what a day!!!

1 comment:

Jen T said...

Wow that is a busy day! love the cheer pictures! Glad your car was not hurt too badly! Crazy! love the fair ride pics too! I don't blame Autumn for being scared on that ride. I would have been! Hope you have a great one!