CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 11, 2015

Remembering 9/11 (14 years)

IMG_8784 My morning started with a trip to the dentist for a cleaning. I had a really hard time not letting the tears flow freely as I watched the news coverage of “Remembering 9/11.” Especially when they had a moment of silence for when the first tower fell and when the Pentagon was hit. All those emotions from 14 years ago are still so powerful! It felt good to have my teeth cleaned since it hasn’t been done in a long time. I’m usually at the dentist for major dental work like root canals. Of course after the cleaning they found a few cavities and 2 teeth that need to have crowns put on. That’s going to cost me a pretty penny! UGH!!!

IMG_8787 I took Autumn to cheer practice after work/school, and then went and dropped our season football ticket’s for the game tonight to a lady I visit teach. I came home, did some laundry, caught up on some TV shows I had recorded, and edited pics. Karri texted me and said they had 2 extra tickets for the game tonight if Autumn & I wanted to come. So, after Autumn’s cheer practice was over we went to the game. It was fun to see our friends that we gave the tickets to just one section over from where we were sitting.

IMG_8790 We left in the middle of the 4th quarter b/c we were winning (45 to 9) and it was late and Autumn needed to go to sleep. We talked to Mom & Dad (it was 5:30 in the morning there) b/c they had called to tell us they were leaving for the weekend to go on a safari for Dad’s birthday. I’m glad we got to wish Dad a happy birthday since they’ll be gone on Sunday (his actual birthday).

Poor Nick showed me this bandage he had to get at work. He was reaching to get something and felt a little scratch on his arm. He didn’t think anything of it and kept working. But then he felt something dripping and looked to see that it was blood dripping off his elbow! I guess whatever it was that cut him must have been pretty sharp b/c it was a fairly deep cut. I had him take off the bandage so I could clean it w/ hydrogen peroxide and assess it to see if he needed stitches. Luckily he didn’t need stitches!

No comments: