CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Cookie Delivery Sunday

IMG_9968 We had Stake Conference today, and it was a great meeting. I especially LOVED Sis. F’s testimony, b/c she shared how she’s really been struggling w/ the new church policy regarding children of same-sex couples. I love that she’s so brave to stand and share her real feelings and doesn’t just sugar coat them. She’s such an example to me of love & faith & courage. It’s been weird not meeting with the Young Women for 2 Sundays in a row. I miss them all! But I do have to admit that it’s been relaxing to not have meetings before and after church for 2 Sundays in a row.

It was SUPER nice to come home at noon and have the rest of the day to do things together. I had thrown some stuff in the crockpot so we ate lunch and then just relaxed. We watched some more of “The Bible” episodes, which is great b/c Autumn tells me to pause it so she can ask me questions.

I had a hankerin’ for cookies, so we made a half batch of Steve’s Out Of This World cookies.

IMG_9966 Autumn is a good helper, and I’m glad she likes to cook & bake with me. After I woke up from a short nap I decided to take some plates of cookies around to 5 of my Young Women that I felt needed some love. I thought that was a good Sabbath Day activity. Right before I left the house it started POURING rain. But, that didn’t deter me b/c I knew I needed to let these 5 girls know that they’re loved & cared about. Luckily all of them were home. I only stayed for a few minutes at each house. I hope they know how much they mean to me!

No comments: