CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Pomegranate, I Mean Grapefruit

11.01 z bday I left a little bit early this morning so I could drop Autumn off at the L’s house and got decorate this door. It’s for one of the ladies that I visit teach b/c it’s her birthday today. Autumn & I didn’t write who did it on any of the notes we left on her door, but she texted me this and said thank you. I don’t know how she knew it was me, b/c I was super stealth but I’m glad it made her feel loved.

The tears flowed freely today at church. They started in ward council and continued through to Young Women’s. I just felt the Spirit really strongly today. My heart was so full.

IMG_9773 So this is a super funny story. For months and months Autumn has been asking me to get her a pomegranate b/c she remembers eating them w/ Papa. Well, they’re finally back in season now so I bought her one. Today when we got home from church we looked up online how to get the seeds out (you cut it in half and beat it on the outside w/ a wooden spoon).  Autumn started eating one of the seeds and ran over to the garbage can and spit it out. I asked her what was wrong and she said this is NOT what she used to eat w/ Papa. I was so confused so I started asking her a bunch of questions. We finally figured out that what she meant was a GRAPEFRUIT, not a pomegranate. I laughed and laughed and laughed. It was sooooo funny! I can’t wait to tell Mom & Dad b/c they’ll get a good laugh out of it too. I assured Autumn we’ll get some grapefruits so she can relive her memories of eating them w/ Papa.

We watched some recorded episodes of A.D. The Bible Continues, which is actually a really great series. She was really into it and was having me pause it so she could ask me a bunch of questions. I never pieced together how much political turmoil was going on during Christ’s life and even after. It really makes me think and see different sides of the story, which I hadn’t considered before.

At 6:00 we went over to a mission farewell for one of the girls I used to teach in Young Women’s. She is going to Paraguay on her mission and I am so proud of her! I can’t wait to read her emails about all of her adventures. It’s always great to see the growth in missionaries as well.

We came home, watched another episode of A.D. The Bible Continues, and then I got Autumn to bed. Then I watched the newest episode of Downton Abbey. Of course it was a good one w/ lots of great one liners.

No comments: