CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 2, 2015

Torchy’s Tacos & Blue Bell Ice Cream

I had a parent/teacher conference call w/ Autumn’s teacher instead of having to go into the school for it, which was so nice. She said that she was worried about Autumn in math, but just in the past 2 weeks Autumn had turned a corner and is doing so much better in math. She said Autumn has more confidence in doing math homework and tests, and it’s showing. YAY! She also said that she and the other 2 teachers love Autumn b/c she is so sweet and is a hard worker. That made me so happy to hear.

IMG_9778 Riannon took Autumn home w/ her from daycare so I could go pick up Liz. We went to Torchy’s Tacos for my belated birthday. We both LOVE their queso. We sat and talked for two hours b/c we haven’t seen each other in such a long time. I am so thankful for my friendship w/ Liz. We just “get” each other and can be our true selves when we’re together.

IMG_9779 I dropped Liz off at home and then went over to Nate & Riannon’s to get Autumn. Olivia was either giving her a super strong hug, or she’s got Autumn in a wrestling choke hold. LOL! I’m glad that they play so cutely together.

IMG_9784 This the last week of our service auction prize of getting Family Home Evening treats. I feel SO BAD b/c Laura had asked what time we would be home so she could drop off our treat. I knew I was picking Liz up at 5:30 and figured we’d be done by 7:00, I could go get Autumn, and then be home by 7:30. Well, I completely lost track of time and Liz and I didn’t even leave the restaurant until 7:40! I texted Laura to let her know we weren’t home yet. I assumed she would just leave the treat on the porch. I went and got Autumn, and when we pulled into our driveway at 8:30, Laura was sitting in her van. I wanted to melt into the sidewalk. I felt HORRIBLE! The reason she didn’t just leave the treat on the porch is b/c it was a carton of Blue Bell ice cream, which is just now back in stores today after being pulled months and months ago b/c of a listeria outbreak.

I apologized over and over and over to Laura that she had to wait for us. She was so sweet about it, and said she’s learned to love us even more from doing this service for us b/c she would think about us during the week as she planned what the treat would be. We’re sooooooo appreciative!

No comments: