CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 14, 2015

Autumn The Book Worm

 Tonight after dinner we went to Half Price Books to get a book for Autumn to wrap and take to a book exchange at school on Thursday. Usually anytime I ask Autumn to read at night when we get home for her homework, it's a big issue and she fights me on it. So, I was shocked & pleasantly surprised when we got to the book store and she picked a few books off the shelf and sat on the floor and started reading!

Usually I would have told her to hurry and pick a book, but I just sat down on the floor and looked a few of the books in the same series she had picked. I read through a few pages to make sure they were age appropriate. I also snapped this cool picture of her. We were there for about 20 minutes, and she picked which book she wants to take for the book exchange. We also bought her 4 books to keep for herself. She is so excited to have books to read that she is interested in! YAY!!! I'm so excited that she's so excited about reading.

We also went to WalMart to get some things we needed. She found this warm & fuzzy robe and decided to model it for me. She really wanted it, but I told her we were going to buy it for Aunt Riannon's Christmas present and I was having her try it on to see if it would fit since she's about the same size as Riannon. Actually I'm super sneaky, and I bought it to give to Autumn for her Christmas Eve present. We always open one present on Christmas Eve and it's always new pajamas so that we look cute in pictures on Christmas morning. I can't wait to see the look on her face when she realizes it's for her!

When we got home this was sitting on our front porch. Inside was a $20 gift certificate to Zoe's Kitchen!!! I think I know who left it there, and was going to text them and ask if it was them. But I've learned from Shannon over the years that if someone leaves an anonymous gift, then just let them stay anonymous. That's hard for me, b/c I really want to thank whoever it is and let them know how much I appreciate it. But, I'm slowly learning and so I just posted a thank you w/ this pic on Facebook and hope that whoever left it sees the Facebook post and how much it meant to us.

No comments: