Sunday, December 13, 2015

BYC & Broken Car

 These young men crack me up. They decided to stay in Young Women's after their Sunday School class was over. They even came and sat next to me at the front of the room, and were pretending to be my YW 1st & 2nd counselors. Silly boys.

 After church today we had our big BYC (bishop's youth council) where all of the class presidencies (not just the class presidents) from the 6 classes planned out our combined activities for next year. I came prepared w/ schedules for everyone, which made it super quick and fast. We were done in less than 45 minutes. WOOT WOOT! We even got to have our meeting in the high council room b/c there weren't any other rooms big enough to hold all of us. I LOVE this group of youth. They're so good & are trying to live the gospel.

 Autumn wore this pretty dress today. I bought it a year or two ago at the kid's consignment store b/c it was only like $10. It was way too big for her at the time, but now it fits perfectly. She looked soooo pretty, and she even let me do her hair. We had tithing settlement, and our slot time was for 4:30, but we got done w/ BYC early and they were able to squeeze us in. That was nice so we didn't have to go home and come back.

I had a rip roaring headache, and my plans for the rest of the evening were to just rest and relax. But, that's not how the evening played out. Pete called & asked if he could ride w/ me to the single adult fireside, b/c he can't drive himself due to foot surgery. I told him I wasn't going to go, but that I would be happy to give him a ride. He would need a ride home also, so I decided to just take him, stay for the fireside, and bring him home. Nick was going to watch Autumn for me when he got done w/ church. But, he called at 6:10 to say that his car had died and wouldn't start.

Luckily he was in a turn lane so he wasn't right in the middle of the street. I told him to call Nate while I got Autumn ready to leave and that I'd meet them. They were able to push the car into a parking lot and Nate tried giving the battery a jump. When I got there, the battery was starting to smoke, so I told Nate to hurry and take off the jumper cables. We pushed Nick's car into a parking spot and he got a ride home w/ Nate.

Curt & Mary said they could watch Autumn for me since Nick was dealing w/ his car issues. I dropped her off, and Pete and I went to the fireside. It was a very nice Christmas message, and was done by the Stake Presidency. There weren't very many people there, but I'm glad I went.

After the fireside I dropped Pete off, picked up Autumn, put her to bed, and then Mom & Dad called. Dad has been trying to get Nick's insurance renewed since it has to be done by the 15th. But, they won't talk to him and have to talk to Nick. So, Nick & I called the number and were told it would be a 30 minute wait. It ended up being over an hour and a half wait!!! He sat and read his book and worked on YW Christmas presents while we waited. We finally got through and I had to listen in so I could help him answer any questions he didn't know. We finally got it done and went to bed at 12:30 am!!!

No comments: