CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Garbage Disposal Replacement

My boss let me off a little bit early today, so I went to Michael's to get a few things. I had to stop and take a picture when I saw this end cap. I used to have a plastic necklace full of charms like this in the 80's and I LOVED it! It's fun that these are back in style and popular again.


I stopped at Home Depot after that to get a new garbage disposal and electric cord. After I got Autumn from daycare, we came home and I got to work installing the new garbage disposal. I knew it was something I could do, b/c I closely watched Dad when he replaced the one at our old house back in 2009. I can't believe how little Autumn was in those pictures! However, I wasn't 100% sure on how to connect the electrical wires, and that's something that you can't just guess on and have it be wrong. I watched THIS video, which was really helpful (warning: he says a bad word as part of the video title).
 
One of the PVC pipes was too long, and I tried cutting it a hand saw. I do NOT recommend that. So, I called up Curt to see if he could cut it for us w/ his blade saw. Autumn didn't like the sound of the saw when he turned it on. I'm so glad he helped us, b/c he was able to do in a few seconds what would have taken us an hour. We came home, and I officially installed the new garbage disposal and it's working great. That was more complicated than I thought! WHEW! But I feel so accomplished that I was able to do it and saved lots of money.

No comments: