CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas 2015

 Autumn let us sleep in until 7:00, and then she just couldn't stand having to wait anymore. Santa was really smart this year, and covered up the gifts he left for us w/ blankets and a towel b/c he knows Autumn likes to walk into the room just to look.
 
 Autumn's so sad that today is the last day Rosy Posy will be with us. I'm thankful that Rosy Posy helps us to focus on the true meaning of Christmas.
 
 This is what Autumn got from Santa this year. She really wanted a Beanie Boo wolf (that stuffed animal w/ the big huge eyes), Shopkins, and a metal Rainbow Loom hook. She also got some books (Little Women & Anne of Green Gables), lip gloss, gum, chocolate, and then binoculars for our trip to Africa.
 
 I got some Project Life, binoculars, tic tacs, and a fuzzy purple blanket that feels like rabbit fur.
 
 Nick got some candy b/c he loves all sorts of sweets. His favorite is the giant Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles candy cane, and he said he's never going to open it.
 
 After we had all checked out what Santa brought us, we went in by the tree to open our wrapped presents to each other. I LOVE this picture of me & my Autumn Girl.
 
 Nick got some pocky sticks, Star Wars glasses, 2 ties from Africa, some money, and a trip to El Salvador to see Savi.
 
 Autumn got money, pants, rainbow loom bands, books, lotion, gum, some Frozen wall stickers, and a Lego Friends set. I got a new purse, more Project Life, and a few necklaces.
 
 After we had opened all the presents Autumn pointed out to Uncle Nick that there was a blue string that said to follow it. She had helped me set it up last night. It led out to the garage to this file cabinet we never use. Inside were SIX bottles of apple soda that he loves.
 
 Autumn didn't know that after she had gone to bed I tied another blue string to Nick's that led to the dryer. Inside was this big pillow chum.
 
 That was the end of our Christmas gifts, so I started making breakfast. I decided to try this simple cinnamon roll casserole. It was good but super sugary and sweet. It felt like diabetes on a plate, but we enjoyed it. I'm wearing an African necklace that Mom & Dad sent me.
 
 We got cleaned up and went over to Nate & Riannon's for a little while. Then we went over to the Jones' house at noon. They had invited us over to have their traditional French toast brunch. They make French toast, but then they put a slice of cheese and a slice of ham between 2 pieces of French toast. Then they top that w/ peanut butter & syrup! It was good, but not something I think I would ever make very often.
 
 After we ate, Autumn wanted to go outside to the barn to see the horses. She loves horses, but is scared of them once she gets close.
 
 Jed was so much fun and was cute playing w/ the kids. I wish Nate could have been here w/ us instead of working b/c him & Jed are 2 peas in a pod. Autumn's expression in this picture cracks me up. We're so thankful to the Jones' for inviting us over for a few hours. They even called Mom & Dad in Africa and sang to them yesterday b/c it's tradition that they always sing to Mom on Christmas Eve. It made Mom cry b/c she loves it so much and b/c they are so thoughtful.
 
 We came home and rested and relaxed for a little while. Autumn finished putting together her Lego Friends Pop Star Show Stage. It's actually a really cool one that has turning podiums & panels. Autumn did a great job and did it on her own.
 
 The Deckers invited us over for dinner at 4:00. They had smoked chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, and rolls! For dessert we had homemade apple pie and I brought my caramel sauce that we drizzled over it. The weather was so warm that they had their front and back doors open to get a breeze going through the house.
 
The main reason we went over there was so they could give Autumn her favorite Christmas gift this year ... a hamster! It was Kylie's but she didn't want it anymore and they had asked if we wanted it. At first I said no, but then I changed my mind and texted Karri that we would take it as a surprise to Autumn. She was so excited to set up the cage in her room and watch the hamster roll around in his ball. We're still deciding on a name, but for now she's calling him Peek A Boo. 

Autumn spent the rest of the evening watching her hamster, organizing her room, and looking at her presents. I got her to bed and then watched the very last episode of Downton Abbey!!! It was a really good one, and I even shed a few tears at the end. I'm so sad it's over.
 
It didn't really feel like Christmas to me this year. Maybe it's b/c it was so warm (in the mid 70's) or maybe it's b/c Mom & Dad aren't here. But, we did the best we could without them and still had a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Jen T said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Do you get to head to Africa to see your parents? How cool is that??? Have a happy New year!