CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Year In Review 2015

January 2015:
*Picked my One Little Word for the year ~ LOVE
*New Year’s Pool Dip
*Went to the temple w/ Mom & Dad
*Autumn got really sick
*Our water heater broke
*Mom & Dad went on a cruise to Antarctica
*Pizza cook off competition for youth activity
*17th ~ Celebrated Autumn’s 8th Birthday by going to the movies w/ Ashley, Kylie, & Kenzie. Then going to Kid Mania w/ Ben, Evie, and Sam
*Deckers gave Autumn a beta fish for her birthday (she named him Dash)
*21st  ~ Autumn went to her first Activity Days activity
*I got addicted to playing Criminal Case on Facebook
*Mommy/Daughter date to go see Gracie in the play Oklahoma!
*I gave a talk in sacrament meeting
*Autumn got to hold Joseph Smith’s personal pocket/thumb Bible
*New Beginnings in Young Women’s
*Watched the last episode of Parenthood and cried like a baby
*Mommy/Daughter date to see the play Cinderella
*Roller skating birthday party for Brooke & huge tender mercy

February 2015:
*Superbowl party
*Olivia’s 2nd birthday party
*Family stay-cation at Great Wolf Lodge
*Autumn got super sick
*7th ~ Autumn was baptized by Papa
*Autumn made an Indian Flat Stanley
*We got to meet the girl Nick is dating, Savi
*Blacklight volleyball for youth activity
*Autumn was Pocahontas for the “Statue Garden” at school & she did a great job
*Valentine’s Dinner Special as a family at Texas Roadhouse
*I got my taxes filed
*Mom & Dad gave their missionary farewell talk at church
*Mom & Dad went to Germany to visit the Patzolds
*Stake Relief Society meeting w/ Liz
*We watched all 6 of  the Star Wars movies b/c we were iced in for 2 days
*Sledding down the hill in the backyard w/ the Francis family
*28th ~ Mom & Dad were set apart by Pres. Jones as full time missionaries

March 2015:
*Mom & Dad left to drive to Utah to spend time w/ family before leaving on their 18 month mission to Africa
*Built a snowman w/ Nate b/c we got 3” of snow
*Autumn got to hold Hyrum Smith’s Book of Mormon
*We had Nate, Riannon, & Olivia over for dinner
*Went & saw the new Cinderella movie w/ Mary, Jessie, Donna, Abbey, & Riannon
*Autumn & I watched Olivia today and went to IKEA & the mall
*Dad’s sporting a new hairstyle where his hair is cut super super short
*I got food poisoning
*16th ~ Mom & Dad started their missionary training at the SLC temple
*Autumn & I had a driveway picnic dinner
*Cupcake War Activity w/ the YW & RS
*19th ~ Mom & Dad flew to South Africa today to start their mission
*Sheri’s last day at work
*Autumn & I babysat Jacob
*Pizza picnic at the park party
*Stake YW Camp meeting
*Lexie & her family came up to celebrate Easter

April 2015:
*Fun Easter sleepover celebration at the farm
*Savi came over to watch General Conference with us
*Mommy/Daughter date to see the movie “Home”
*Liz/Lisa date to see the movie “Freetown”
*Chaperoned Mormon Prom w/ Melanie & Karri
*Took bluebonnet pictures of Autumn & Olivia
*18th ~ We finally got internet at our house
*Zulema got sealed in the temple
*Girl’s Night out to see Age of Adeline
*Mommy/Daughter date at the swimming pool for a “Dive-in movie”
*Autumn & a friend found a nest of baby birds

May 2015:
*Mommy/Daughter date to see Kylie & Ashley perform in their color guard show
*Bro. Moon shared some church history items w/ us for our YW activity before he moves
*Liz came over to watch the movie “Selma”
*Gilbert Blythe Swoon Party b/c Jonathan Crombie passed away recently
*Mommy/Daughter date to see Gracie & Jessie in their choir concert
*Salvation Army service project
*Started Dressing Your Truth & went on a Type 3 shopping spree
*I started reading the Book of Mormon b/c the Bishop challenged us to
*Gracie opened her mission call (SLC)
*Camp certification classes w/ Bro. Sawyer
*Youth temple trip & pizza at my house after
*Memorial Day ward party & Liz, Liberty, and Jacob came over to play & swim
*Mary, Karri, & I kidnapped Christine from her bed and took her to Cheesecake Factory for her birthday
*I had Hannah cut & highlight my hair to be more Type 3
*Double movie night w/ Mary & Karri (Far From the Madding Crowd & Pitch Perfect 2)
*Mommy/Daughter date to the temple after dropping Savi & Nick off at Comic Con

June 2015:
*Fire safety YW activity w/ Bro. Sawyer
*Met Lexie & the boys half way so they could keep Autumn while I’m at YW camp
*YW Camp (colored powder war at the end)
*Weekend in Austin to pick up Autumn from Lexie’s
*Carlene’s mission farewell
*Father’s Day ~ Dad shined shoes at church for the South African men
*Free In-N-Out food & outside concert w/ Liz & Jacob
*Got hooked on Poldark series on PBS
*Freezer meal YW activity for Sis. VB
*Homemade jam Relief Society activity w/ Liz
*26th ~ Supreme Court ruled that same-sex marriages are now legal in all 50 states
*Girls’ Weekend getaway at Britt’s lake house
*Nate took Autumn to her Daddy/Daughter activity at church
*My nail guy moved to a new nail salon

July 2015:
*I upgraded to Dad’s old cell phone & Nick upgraded to my old cell phone
*Dinner at Mexican restaurant w/ Liz, Liberty, & Jacob
*4th ~ Liz & her extended family came over to swim & BBQ
*Autumn got a new bicycle
*We are sad that Sawyers moved
*Nate got pepper sprayed & tased at the police academy training
*First cheer practice of the season
*Autumn & I watched Olivia for the weekend while Nate & Riannon had a weekend getaway
*Mommy/Daughter date to see the new Minions movie
*Tender mercy that Autumn wasn’t hurt when she ran into a truck while on her bike
*Work training & luncheon
*Lee kids came over to watch a movie & go swimming
*Dinner at Liz & Liberty’s, bought a treat from the ice cream truck
*I started indexing records from the WWII 4th draft
*23rd ~ Nate graduated from the Police Academy & was class president
*Pest Control swim party at Mom & Dad’s house
*Sofia (Riannon’s sister) came to visit
*Half priced cheesecake w/ Liz
*I indexed 2,000 names

August 2015:
*I had to get my windshield replaced from a crack from a rock chip
*Autumn went to the zoo & arboretum w/ Riannon, Sofia, & Olivia
*We dog-sat Emma
*I got new island print car seat covers
*Autumn & I got our passport paperwork submitted
*I replaced a broken sprinkler head by myself
*Shrimp boil over at Nate & Riannon’s
*18th ~ I finished reading the Book of Mormon
*Meet the Teacher Night, and Autumn’s teacher seems like a kindred spirit
*Youth Super Saturday at the lake
*Curt gave Autumn a Father’s Blessing before she starts school
*Autumn started 3rd grade
*Savi left to go back to El Salvador, so we took Nick out to Cheddars for dinner
*First high school football game of the season in the re-opened stadium
*Stake Youth Volleyball tournament (Autumn decided she LOVES volleyball)
*Mommy/Daughter date to see one of my young women in the play “Peter Pan the Panto”

September 2015:
*Far From The Madding Crowd movie night
*4th ~ Nate was sworn in as an official police officer
*I got sick
*First cheer game of the season
*Autumn & I rode some crazy rides at the local fair
*13th ~ Dad turned 60!!!
*Youth temple trip
*I taught the Activity Day girls about Project Life
*Lexie came up & we went to Time Out For Women together
*Cheer pics & homecoming game w/ mums
*Final season of Downton Abbey started tonight
*Lexie’s car battery died, so we had to go get a new one on a Sunday
*Went to dinner at BJ’s Brewhouse to celebrate Nick & Riannon’s birthdays
*I got to see Clay M (we knew each other in college)
*26th ~ Savi was baptized
*Party to say goodbye to Melanie b/c she’s moving
*Autumn & I went to Utah so she could visit her Dad (Sep 30 – Oct 6)

October 2015:
*Autumn & I visited Grandpa Johnson & spent most of the day w/ Ashely & Bianca
*Spent the day w/ Jonesy & got a Type 3 haircut at the DYT salon from Emily (she served in Slovenija too)
*Slovene sestra’s sleepover
*Slovenija mission reunion
*Autumn & I went and saw Bro. Moon (he used to be our home teacher)
*Autumn & I went to Temple Square & had dinner w/ the Hatch sisters and cousins
*I loaded 7 huge batteries on a truck w/ the forklift at work
*I had to get a crown put on my tooth
*Cheer game at SMU stadium
*Autumn went to the Texas State Fair w/ Nate, Riannon, & Olivia
*Mommy/Daughter date to see Hotel Transylvania 2
*Priest/Laurel fireside at Pres. Jones’ house
*Autumn & I won FHE treats for a month at a service auction. YUM!!!
*Autumn had a Monday night cheer game
*Autumn bought a volleyball w/ her own money
*I went on a Type 3 Cato’s shopping spree w/ birthday money from Mom & Dad
*I turned 36 years old, and Autumn & I went to Bobbie’s Halloween party
*Young Women In Excellence w/ a camp theme
*Tailgating w/ Nate & Olivia before a football game
*Ward Trunk-or-Treat & then trick or treating w/ the Dakins

November 2015:
*Pomegranate vs grapefruit mixup
*Blue Bell ice cream is back on shelves after being recalled months ago
*Belated birthday dinner w/ Liz
*I finished reading the Pearl of Great Price and D&C, so I started the New Testament
*We kidnapped Freda for our YW activity and took her to Sonic
*We had to buy a school library book b/c Autumn’s water bottle leaked
*Autumn & I celebrated her good grades by taking this sister missionaries to Cheddars
*Work dinner at Maggiano’s w/ a ton of leftovers
*Becky Higgins posted Autumn’s picture on her social media sites
*Combined YM/YW Fall Fest activity
*Mommy/Daughter date to see the play “The Lion King”
*Cheer competition
*Tornado warning at 4:22 am
*Late night showing of the new Hunger Games movie (we even got a tour of the theater)
*End of the season cheer party at Main Event (laser tag was super fun)
*Fun day w/ Donna & Abbey at Candy Canes for Kids event & then hockey game
*Autumn & I tried a persimmon for the first time
*Mommy/Daughter date to Ice! at the Gaylord Texan
*Nate & I made 4 batches of butterhorn rolls for Thanksgiving
*Thanksgiving at Tyler & Emily’s (Watsons came up too)
*Family fun day before Lexie & family went back home
*Autumn & I decorated the Christmas tree
*Mommy/Daughter date to see the Christmas tree lighting in the local town square

December 2015:
*Free craft night at a shop near Nick’s work
*Caroling at the nursing home for our combined YM/YW activity
*I bought some food storage for my Christmas present
*Mommy/Daughter date to see another Christmas tree lighting
*Autumn got to hold the ring from Lord of the Rings movie thanks to Bro. Moon at the nativity
*Single Adult activity watching Home Alone in a barn
*Aunt Sandy, Zack, & Shari came to visit
*Free Tuesday evening craft nights at the art studio
*I replaced our broken garbage disposal all by myself
*Autumn & I went to the local junior high school's play of Elf
*Breakfast w/ Santa at Autumn's daycare
*Ward Christmas party
*White elephant gift party at the Berrett's
*Big BYC meeting to plan youth activities for next year
*Combined YW Christmas party at my house
*Autumn won the GRAND PRIZE drawing at school for good behavior
*We decorated gingerbread houses at Curt & Mary's
*Autumn went to her first friend sleepover
*Mozingo's came over for Sunday night dinner
*Spent Christmas Eve making scrapple & going to a Methodist & Baptist church service
*Christmas morning at home, then Jones' for brunch, Deckers for dinner
*Autumn got a hamster for Christmas
*Last episode ever of Downton Abbey :(
*Play date, sister missionaries came over, and a tornado warning
*CRAZY Texas weather changes, tornado damage in nearby cities
*Movie night w/ Kari
*I indexed over 3,000 names this year
*Nick flew to El Salvador w/ Savi for a week vacation

2015 has been a year of BIG CHANGES for our family. First Autumn got baptized, then Mom & Dad left for their mission, then Nate became a police officer, and Nick fell in love with Savi and she decided to get baptized. As I look back over the past year I see so much GOOD and so many incredible memories. Of course we had our trials and hardships mixed in there as well, but the main feeling I have as I review the year is immense gratitude. I'm looking forward to all the great things that 2016 will bring.

No comments: