CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Art & Face To Face Broadcast

 I left work early so I could pick up Autumn & Jessica to go to Activity Days. Autumn's group was not meeting, but we stayed and joined the older girls b/c Autumn wanted to learn about art. They had Sis. L teach the girls about art & drawing. Then she gave them time to work on a self portrait or anything else they wanted to draw. It was a fun activity. I was able to hand out some "getting to know you" forms to the girls that will be turning 12 and coming into Young Women's this year. It was good to get that crossed off my to do list.

 We came home, had dinner, I did up the dishes, and then went and picked up 3 less active girls to give them a ride to Young Women's tonight. We met at 8:00 instead of the usual 7:00 b/c we were watching the Face To Face broadcast from SLC that started at 7:00 MST. We got to hear from Elder Rasband (newly called member of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles), Sis. Oscarson (General YW President), and Bro. Owen (General YM President).

It was a wonderful & uplifting broadcast, but it was kind of hard to focus and hear what was going on b/c we had so many youth going upstairs, then downstairs, then to the kitchen to get treats, etc. I think next time we'll have to meet at the church to watch it so it can be a more spiritual experience. But, we're super thankful to the G family for letting us come and invade their home tonight.

I got home at 9:40 and Autumn was still awake! I hope she's not a bear tomorrow when I try to wake her up to go to school. It made me so happy to have 3 of my less active girls there, and if going to pick them up is all it takes to get them there, then I'm more than happy to do that every Sunday and every Wednesday!

No comments: