CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Autumn's 9th Birthday Party

 I got up early this morning and went to the 7:30 am session at the temple. Then on the way home I stopped at Costco to get pizza, salad, and a cake.

 At 11:00 Autumn's 3 friends that she invited to her birthday party came over. They checked out the hamster in Autumn's room for a little bit.

 I asked them if they were ready to eat lunch, but none of them were super hungry. So, I had to come up w/ some way to kill time off the top of my head. I revamped the game I had the young women play at the Christmas party. I had them put paper plates on their heads and they had to draw a birthday cake, put 9 candles on it, write "Happy Birthday," and 3 balloons. It was so funny to see what their drawings looked like.

 That only took about 3 minutes, so I had to come up w/ something else. So, I decided to split them into 2 teams and give each team 2 rolls of toilet paper, some blue ribbon, and some tape. They were in separate rooms and had to create a dress and some accessories. They had such a good time and were laughing so hard. They were super creative and come up w/ some super cute accessories. I love Jessica's toilet paper roll purse (she's on the right). Then Isabella had some gloves on and when she looked at them she said, "these don't look like gloves. They look live hooves." I laughed so hard I almost cried!

 The girls ripped off their toilet paper creations and I had them gather up all the toilet paper and throw it up in the air a few times.

 After we got that cleaned up it was time for their "Lovely Ladies Luncheon." They ate lunch and got to drink out of our "fancy" glasses.

 After lunch it was time to go to Cosmic Jump. That place is EXPENSIVE ($12 per person for one hour). That's why Autumn could only have 3 friends at her party. The girls had a grand old time, so I guess it was worth it for a once a year party.

They were all hot and sweaty when we left, which is a good sign. They were happy to get outside in the cold air. They didn't want to leave, but we had something else fun planned.

 I decided to repeat what we did for Autumn's party guests from last year. Instead of giving them gift bags we went to the $1 Store and I told them they could each pick 2 items. That way they get something they actually want and will use. Autumn got 2 packs of gum, Victoria got some candy & a bag of popcorn, Isabella got a stuffed teddy bear and a mermaid doll, and Jessica got some candy and a bag of popcorn. They had fun trying to decide what they wanted and kept changing their minds.

 We came home and had Costco cake and sang Happy Birthday while Autumn made a wish and blew out her 9 candles.

 Then we opened presents while we ate cake & ice cream. Autumn is so much taller than Isabella, but they look like they could be sisters.

 Jessica is such a good friend and Autumn loves getting to play at her house on Sundays when I have meetings.

 Victoria's the oldest of the group, but her & Autumn have hit it off and we're so glad she was able to come to the party.

After the girls left I collapsed on the couch and took a little catnap. The party wasn't hard at all, it's just from staying up late last night and then getting up early this morning. The girls were sweethearts and were very appreciative. Then I went to WalMart to get some groceries and other things we need for Autumn's birthday dinner tomorrow. Nate came over for dinner, and then Autumn & I left to continue her fun day.

Then Autumn & I went over to the hockey game b/c her daycare had free tickets. She only wanted to go b/c I told her she could get one treat. She kept going back & forth between a caramel apple & dippin' dots, and the dippin' dots won out. There was a super big fight and at one point 2 of the guys had their gloves off and were throwing punches to the face!!! We only stayed at the game for about an hour b/c we were both tired and were ready to go home and go to bed. It was a wonderful pre-birthday day!

2 comments:

Jen T said...

What a fun party! They do wear you out no matter what you do. Glad she had a fun day. She is such a cute girl!

Wenni Donna said...

Good to see birthday girl enjoying the day. Few days ago I arranged my daughter’s birthday party at venue New York and was helped by my sister. We both managed everything perfectly. And the girl was really happy to see her day.