CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy 9th Birthday, My Autumn Girl

 How is it even possible that this was NINE years ago? It feels like just a year or two ago, and yet at the same time it feels like a whole lifetime ago. 


 I got up this morning and made Autumn breakfast in bed. After I sang to her, I told her the story of her birth while she ate her breakfast. Her favorite part is when I tell her as soon as she was born they put her on my belly to clean her off and they put her little blue bummy right in my face on accident. She always laughs at that part.

 I dropped her off at our friend's house while I went to ward council. They had balloons and a cute note taped to the door for her! In church a lot of people wished her happy birthday b/c I had posted the first picture on Facebook w/ a note about how I'm so thankful I'm hers and that she's mine and that it's her birthday. When we got home from church Ashley came over and brought her this homemade German chocolate cake. She's the best and we just love Ashley so much.

Papa & Mimi even called from Africa to Facetim with us and wish her a happy birthday. For her birthday dinner she wanted cabbage and ramen salad & a boxed pasta that I doctor up to make it good. Super easy! After dinner she opened her presents. I didn't get her anything big or fancy. Just a lot of little things she wanted (a coloring book, lemon cake bites, some Frozen stuff from the $1 Store, Nutella dipping sticks for her lunch, and some perfume. It was a super low key and laid back birthday.

I tell her all the time how much I love her, and that she's my greatest blessing. I hope she really KNOWS it and that she means the world to me. I am so blessed to be her Mother. It's fun to look back over the past 9 years and she how's she's grown and changed and become her own person w/ her own ideas and personality. I'm excited to see what wonderful things this year will bring for her.

No comments: