CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 18, 2016

Chillin' At The Car Wash

Today was a teacher/in service day so Autumn went to daycare all day. They got to go on a field trip to a hockey game. Autumn said our team lost, but she still had a great time. I checked the forecast and we aren't supposed to have any rain or bad weather this week, so we went and got the car washed. It was filthy both inside and out. We went to our favorite place where the clean the whole inside and outside of the car for just $23.

I had the bag of leftover cabbage & ramen noodle salad in the car that I had taken to work for lunch. Autumn brought it into the waiting room w/ her and propped herself in the windowsill and just sat there and chowed down on the salad while she watched the cars go through the car wash. She cracks me up! She definitely has her own sense of style w/ her warm/fuzzy socks that are rolled down over her pink sparkly high tops. 

We hurried and came home and ate dinner. Then she went in my room to watch TV while I met w/ one of the other YW leaders the Mom of one of the young women. The Mom wanted to give us some feedback about what she's been hearing from her daughter. It was a good meeting and I'm so thankful that this Mom is advocating for her daughter. But, it's also really hard to feel like you're doing your best and hearing that your best isn't good enough. I had to just swallow my pride and spend a lot of time on my knees in prayer tonight before going to bed. Hopefully I can receive some inspiration on things I can change and do better to improve the YW program in our ward.

No comments: