CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Gettin' Stuff Done

I was going to go to a Single Adult conference today, but just wasn't feeling it. Plus, it was an hour and a half away. So, instead I stayed home w/ my Autumn Girl and we got a lot of stuff done. We went and returned our books to the library, went to lunch at Wendy's, returned some items to Bath & Body Works that I didn't need to get a credit for them, and then we went shoe shopping. Autumn's tennis shoes that I bought her a few months ago are already falling apart. And since she literally has 2 pairs of shoes (her doing, not mine) we had to get her some new ones. 

We tried Payless, and she tried on every type of tennis shoes they had but didn't like any of them, b/c they weren't comfortable to her. So, we went to WalMart & she found some black Converse looking ones that she loved. They were only $14, so I was happy. I got some new tennis shoes too, b/c they are really old and the bottom of mine were shredded & coming apart after my hour long walk on Thursday. We must be really hard on our shoes!

We spent the rest of the day relaxing, watching TV, doing laundry, and just enjoying being together. These BEAUTIFUL red flowers are blooming in our front yard. I think I planted these bulbs 3 or 4 years ago, and they keep coming back every year. We LOVE it! You can see in the bottom corner that I had to prop the stems up w/ Autumn's birthday sign b/c the flowers are so heavy that the stems would break!

When Nick got home from work, I went over to Karri's house. Mary, Craig, Karri, & I played "Hand & Foot." It's such a fun game. Mary & I got super lucky the first round of 4 games and got all of our 7's. Then the next round of 4 games Craig & Karri won. So, we had to play one more round of 4 games to break the tie. I didn't get home until 2:30 am, but it was so worth it!

1 comment:

Jen T said...

What a gorgeous flower! Some days it is just better to stay home and get caught up. Totally get that! Sounds like a fun game. I have never heard of it and will have to check it out! Hope you are well!!