CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Our New Temporary Vehicle

 So, this little red truck is my new sweet ride for a few days. After I dropped Autumn off early at school for some math tutoring, I went to a transmission shop to have my car looked at. It had been leaking fluid before I went to South Africa, so while I was in SA I had Nick & Nate take my car to be looked at. Our mechanic said it was a leak in the transmission. They patched it but said it needed to be looked at by a transmission expert.

I had planned on just getting a rental car to get around while my car was in the shop, but when I called from the transmission shop to get one, they said that most of the cars were already rented out b/c of the bad hail storms we had a few weeks ago. All they had were big nice SUV's for around $90 a day! I refuse to pay that much and said thanks but no thanks.

I called my boss to let him know I was going to be late, and to see if he could possibly come and pick me up. I told him why and what was going on. He said that he just happened to have a truck he wasn't using that I could borrow! So, he came and picked me up and we went to his rental property where the truck was at. He drove the truck and had me drive his fancy car back to the office just in case the truck had any issues.

I'm SO THANKFUL that he's letting me borrow his truck. It's saving me a lot of money. When I picked Autumn up from daycare today she kept looking around the parking lot for our car. I was going to pretend like it was stolen, but I couldn't keep a straight face. I walked over to the red truck and climbed in and she wasn't sure what to think. LOL! I explained it all to her and she thought it was SO COOL that we had a different vehicle for a few days.

Tonight at volleyball practice they had team pictures taken. Usually they do it on a Saturday, but our team didn't have a game on Saturday. That was nice of the professional photographer to come to our practice to take pics, b/c that made it super convenient.

No comments: