CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day 2016


 
We were woken up this morning at 7:00 by a knock on the front door. It was Nate, and he was just stopping by to drop off some breakfast burritos from Rudy's for Mother's Day! We ate breakfast, and then got ready for church. Autumn & I haven't taken our usual Sunday morning picture together in a while, and Mother's Day seemed like a good day to do it!

 Autumn was SO EXCITED when we walked in & saw our old home teacher, Bro. Moon. He and his family are in town visiting. After sacrament meeting I had to snap a pic of the two of them together. I'm so thankful for him and the incredible impact he has had on Autumn.

 Autumn & I left church early to go over to the Young Single Adult branch to hear Nick give a talk. He & I discussed some ideas of what he wanted to say earlier this week and then I wrote up those ideas into a talk for him. You could tell he was a little nervous, but he did a great job! I'm so proud of him, and I'm glad we were all there to support him.

 All we're missing in this picture are Mom & Lexie. I was excited to think that Mom will be here for Mother's Day next year, but then I realized she won't! Her & Dad will be back out on their 2nd mission. Oh, well! At least they'll be home for Thanksgiving & Christmas. I also have to point out my beautiful Mother's Day corsage that Nate got for me.

 Poor Nate had worked an 18 hour shift and was so tired that as soon as Nick finished his talk, Nate went out to the car to lay down in the front seat and get some sleep. No one had dinner plans, and luckily I had thrown some stuff in the crockpot before I left for church. 

So, everyone came over to our house and we had creamy crock pot chicken and sauteed veggies. For dessert we had ice cream. As soon as Nate walked in the door he went straight upstairs to lay down on the couch and sleep. We let him sleep for 3 hours before waking him up to come eat the plate we had saved him. If we let him sleep longer than that, he wouldn't go to bed like usual tonight.

We talked, and laughed, and wrestled, and watched Frozen, and had a lot of fun together.

 After Nate & crew went home and things quieted down, Autumn gave me this big card she had made at school. I love what she wrote around the outside of the circle:

Pretty, tall, loving young women leader, sassy pants parent, organizer, generous.

The inside, though, is what really meant the most. Not to mention her BEAUTIFUL cursive penmanship. I still can't believe that I get the honor & privilege of being her mother. It seems impossible to me that she is 9 years old. She was just a cute little toddler last week! I tell her all the time that she's my greatest blessing, and it's TRUE!

It was great to Facetime w/ Mom today and tell her how much we love her. How incredible is it that we could see each other across the world on little devices we hold in our hands!?!? I know my Mom isn't perfect, but she is the PERFECT Mom for me!!!

No comments: