CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Yard Work Angels

 After I got Autumn from daycare this evening, we went over to Mom & Dad's to wash their bed sheets and make sure everything is 100% ready for them since they come home TOMORROW! They actually got on a plane to come home today, but it's such a long flight that they won't get here until Wednesday. Also, today is Jackson's 5th birthday. Anyways, we were eating dinner when I heard a motor sound by the front door. I went outside to find a few guys from Mom & Dad's ward doing yard work. I hurried and put on my shoes to go out and help them. 

 They had planned on coming over Saturday morning to spiffy up the yard, but it was pouring rain. I didn't know they had moved it to tonight, so I'm super glad we just happened to be at their house. Nick & Nate were great about keeping the lawn mowed while my parents were gone, but there was so much to be done like trimming the bushes, edging the lawn, pulling weeds, etc.

 Autumn was a GREAT helper and walked around w/ ice water and cups in this wagon to make sure everyone stayed cooled off and hydrated.

 At one point I think we had 11 men there helping! We FILLED at least 9 of the tall brown yard waste bags. It made me teary-eyed to think that they would give up their evening w/ their families to come and serve my parents.

 Even though it was hot and we were all sweating, it was nice to have a little bit of a breeze, it was cloudy, and we got to enjoy this gorgeous sunset. We got soooooooooo much accomplished in 2 1/2 hours. There's still A LOT of work to do, but that's good b/c my Dad will need projects to keep him busy.

Autumn & I were so gross and hot and sweaty and covered in dirt and grass clippings that we went and stuck our feet in the pool for a little bit. Sis. J came over and dropped a meal to put in the freezer so my parents can just cook it instead of having to prepare a meal one night. Liz & Liberty came over too to drop off a note, flowers, and this Texas shaped cookie! Liberty's face in this pic cracks me up! My cup is full to overflowing with love and gratitude!

No comments: