CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

They're Home! They're Home!! They're Home!!!


 I could barely contain my excitement at work this morning! I left for the airport and made sure I had all the signs that Karri let us borrow. We were all lined and ready and waiting for Mom & Dad when they walked through the doors.

 I can't believe they're finally home! I have missed them so much, and can't believe they've been gone for a year and a half! What a JOYFUL reunion.

 I had asked Mom if there was anything she really missed and she mentioned Sonic ice and Dr. Pepper Ten. So, I made sure we had both of those things ready and waiting for her (in her favorite cup) for her to enjoy on the ride home. I went back to work, and couldn't wait for 5:00 so I could leave and go home and spend time with them.

 Autumn couldn't hold back the tears when she gave Papa & Mimi a hug. She's missed them so much, b/c they've been such a major part of her whole life.

 Autumn & Olivia enjoyed looking at pictures & videos that Papa shared w/ them of South Africa.

 For dinner Nate made a pork roast w/ carrots, potatoes, and gravy. We also had a nice green salad. It feels like everything is right with the world again now that Papa & Mimi are home and sitting in their chairs around the kitchen table.

 After dinner, Papa gave Autumn a Father's Blessing since it's the start of a new year. We're so thankful that Uncle Curt was able to do it last year. And we're super grateful that Papa is home to do it this year. After Autumn's blessing, I asked for one as well since it's been a long time since I've had one. It was a very spiritual experience and my tears flowed freely.

 At 9:00 Pres. Jones came over to officially release Mom & Dad as full time missionaries. The Spirit was really strong and there were more happy tears spilling down our cheeks.

Mom & Dad both got certificates of honorable service & release. We're so PROUD of them and all the amazing service they gave in the Johannesburg, South African temple. Funny side note ... Dad didn't have any clean white shirts to wear b/c they were all in the washing machine. So, he just wore his Ski Africa t-shirt. LOL! 

No comments: