CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Cheer, Yard Work, Days For Girls, & General Women's Conference

 We got up early & headed to Autumn's cheer game. I like having the games in the morning b/c then it's not so hot. Plus, today was overcast which helped keep the temperatures perfect. We're #1!!!

 I love trying to get pictures of their hair flying when they do their halftime dance. It always cracks me up.

 Two of our girls were out today w/ a bad stomach bug, so they had to improvise and change up the halftime stunts a little bit.

 Some little girls were playing nearby where I was sitting, and they weren't at all into watching their brothers play football. So, they made their dolls watch for them. LOL!

 "Split that V! Dot that I! Rock that C-T-O-R-Y! VICTORY, Lions, VICTORY!"

 The girls were being silly when they did their cheer for the boys at the end of the game, so Coach G made them do push ups.

 After the game we came home and Autumn took a shower. She also did her hair all fancy with this double braid. She's so talented!

 While she was inside getting cleaned up, I took advantage of the nice and cloudy weather and did some yard work. This flower bed was FULL of grass looking plants. It looked like my lawn had taken over the flower beds, so I cleaned them all out and it looks SOOOOOOOOO much better!

 I hurried in the house to wash off my hands, and then Autumn & I left for my nail appointment. I saw this really cool looking flower and had to stop and take a picture of it. I've never seen a flower like it before.

After my nail appointment (I got the color changing nails in purple), we went over to Mom & Dad's house for a little while to say hi, eat lunch, and watch football.

 We came home, I threw together a ramen & cabbage salad, we changed into church clothes, and went over to the church. All the women in the Stake were invited to come and help assemble the Days For Girls kits that each ward had been working on. There were A LOT of ladies there!

 They even had things for the girls that were 8 years old (and up) to work on. They got to organize all the hotel sized soaps that would go in each kit.

 Autumn was SO HAPPY to see Kenzie there and when we had down time she was doing different hairstyles on Kenzie. Around 6:00 we had the potluck salads that everyone had brought for dinner.

At 7:00, we got to watch the General Women's Broadcast together. Autumn kept making silly faces, so I just took what I could get with her. The broadcast was wonderful, and my take away was from Pres. Uchtdorf's talk. When life gets hard and I feel like giving up, I'm going to remember "4th floor, last door."

After the broadcast, we went over to Nate & Riannon's. Nate had a hockey game tonight and Riannon was going to go watch him play, so Mom came over to watch the kids. Riannon ended up not going, so I talked them into watching Poldark, Season 1 since Season 2 starts on PBS tomorrow. They were all hooked within the first 10 minutes! YAY! Now they can share my Poldark obsession.

1 comment:

Jen T said...

Looks like a super fun and busy day! loved the women's conference. 4th floor last door was awesome! Excited for this coming weekend of conference!