CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Simple Sunday

 I woke up this morning to Autumn bring me breakfast in bed (hers is on the left and mine is on the right). But, it's fast Sunday so I told her I would save mine and eat it when I got home. She's so sweet & thoughtful!

Today something that really stuck out to me at church was the 2nd line of the 2nd verse of this sacrament hymn. I'd never thought of it this way before but it says, "that death unlocks the passageway into eternity." A close friend & lady that I visit teach's mother passed away last week. She's been taking it really hard and I found some comfort in that line of the hymn. Death can be such a scary thing, b/c it's unknown. None of us have ever died before. But, it really is just one small step in the grand plan of salvation and it's the next step in our journey towards eternity.

 After church we went over to Mom & Dad's for dinner. Mom made some delicious baked chicken, glazed green beans, baked potatoes, and manly jello. After dinner we took naps, watched football, and Papa wrestled w/ the granddaughters.

 He's super spry & active for a guy who's almost 61! We're so grateful beyond words that he and Mimi are home. It feels like they never even left us. We're enjoying every moment we have w/ them before they leave us again.

Mom had me pause and take a picture of this commercial for an A/C company. She said this is what she feels like doing on a regular basis b/c she always feels hot ... tape all the frozen food from the freezer onto herself. We all got a really good laugh out of this commercial!

No comments: