CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Soccer, Cheer, Nails, & 2 Halloween Parties

 Even though Autumn & I had a late night last night, we got up early so she could get to her cheer game. They always practice at least 30 minutes before the game starts, so I dropped her off and then went to one of my young women's soccer games. Her team lost, but it was great to see her in action, and doing something she loves.

 I made it back over to Autumn's cheer game right before half time. It was cool to see that the half moon was still out, and there was not one single cloud in the sky.

 I can't believe the cheer/football season is almost over. Our girls have done a great job this season.

 Their stunts are so good, especially considering that they weren't allowed to do bigger stunts until this year. We won our game by a long shot (something like 40 to 0).

 Mom texted us this picture, and we were all cracking up! Nate wasn't trying to copy Dad at all ... this was a candid shot. They hold their hands the same way, suck their teeth the same way, etc. Too funny!

 I left Autumn with Nick (I won't be able to do that again b/c he'll be married and will have to check his schedule w/ Savi first) while I went and got my nails done. I was SO SAD when I walked in and was told that the guy I go to doesn't work there anymore. I've been going to him for almost 10 years, and I followed him from the original place to this new one when he changed jobs. I texted him and he said he'll let me know when he gets a new place so I can go there. But, I had to get my nails done today b/c one was broken and I won't have time in the evenings this week before Nick's wedding. The girl that did my nails did a good job, and I was very pleased. I got gold tips since Nick & Savi's wedding colors are gold & navy.

 We went over to Mom & Dad's house for dinner at 6:00. Nate had asked Mom if she would make ham party roll ups and mashed cauliflower. They were sooooooooo good! After we ate, Mimi did our makeup for the 2 Halloween parties we were going to. She's so stinkin' talented at everything she does!!!

 I wasn't going to dress up, b/c I'm not a big fan of Halloween. But, I decided at the last minute to go as a lion or cheetah or cat. Riannon looked up some makeup ideas on Pinterest, so I held that up on the phone so Mom could recreate it on me. The trick is to color in your top lip in black and draw a line from your nose to the top of your lip.

 Olivia wanted in on the action too, so Riannon gave her some cat whiskers. Then Olivia wanted a turn to do Riannon's makeup.

 So stinkin' CUTE!!!
 
 Here's the final product. Riannon looks like she has 2 black eyes. LOL. Olivia did NOT want her picture taken as you can see from her expression. I had fun teasing out my hair really big to look like a mane.

 Autumn & I headed over to an elementary school where the cheer board was hosting a cheerleading dance/party. They had all sorts of fun games set up, and the kids could earn candy at each station.

 Autumn got A LOT of compliments on her costume and makeup. She really did look amazing!

 Autumn's cheer coach dressed up as the Mad Hatter, and her daughter was the Queen of Hearts (see pic below).

 Such cute girls.

 Here are some more of Autumn's cheer teammates. We only stayed there for about 30 minutes, b/c we had another party to go to.

 We stopped at WalMart to pick up a picture of Grandma & Grandpa Johnson at their wedding that Nick needs to take with him to his wedding. While we were there I saw this cheetah print top for just $5, so I got it and changed in the car.

 Bobbie always had an AWESOME spread of food at her Halloween party.

 It was so fun to be there w/ Lori & Bobbie. We LOVE working together and I'm incredibly thankful for their friendships. It makes all the difference when you like the people you work with.

 Autumn's favorite part of the night is when Bobbie makes her witches brew drink. She always makes it so fun & spooky for the kids.

 Autumn & I were sitting and doing crafts when there was a loud banging on the front door. It was a policeman who had gotten a noise complaint. He laughed when I asked him if he wanted to come do crafts w/ us. He thought he was going to have to deal w/ a bunch of rowdy teenagers and underage drinking. He was relieved to see it was a family party and asked that the kids out in the garage just turn down the music a little bit. LOL! 

My hair fell flat by the end of the night and most of the black upper lip had rubbed off, but I had to get a picture of the AWESOME job Mom did on my makeup. I didn't realize how late it was, but we didn't home until 11:00 pm! We both went right to sleep, b/c we had had a FULL day.

No comments: