CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Broom Hockey

Since the time for Activity Days was moved up 1/2 an hour, I don't take the girls and drop them off anymore. I had an hour to kill before it was time to pick them up, so I stopped in at Dress Barn to see what they had. I found several shirts that were 60% off. I didn't get a picture of the Activity Day girls today, b/c the girls came running outside as soon as I pulled up. Usually Autumn would have gone to the older group this time since she's 10 now, but they were all combined today. 

 Tonight for our youth activity the young men were in charge and we played broom hockey. It was wild & crazy!!!

 The brooms were from the $1 store and they broke super easily. Luckily Bro. H came prepared w/ duct tape to patch them back together.

 As you can see, some of the young women were not interested in playing. But, I'm just glad they were there (even if they were on their phones most of the time).

 Look at all of this carnage!!! I think by the end of the night there were only 3 brooms that were still intact!!! We'll have to come up w/ some rules for next time that if you break your broom then you are out and will have to rotate in on the next turn.

We only had a few minor injuries, which is good since the edges of those broken boom handles are killer sharp and jagged when they break. The kids had a great time!

No comments: