CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sweet Spirit Sunday

I got up around 7:00 today and went and got in Mom & Dad's bed and talked w/ them for a while. Then Autumn & I headed back home around 8:00 so I could get ready for the day. I had been asked if I would be on a Scouting Board of Review for 2 young men in our ward. I have never done one before, but was honored to be asked. Y'all, I am SO GLAD I went & did that. It was a surprisingly spiritual experience. Sis. A who runs them is so in tune w/ the Spirit and makes it an incredible teaching moment. The 2 young men we interviewed did a great job and it was nice to get to know them better.

 WOW! What an amazing sight to come home to. Frank was fixing my door handle, b/c it "sticks" and is hard to open. We decided to sit and watch a movie together, so the kids picked out Somewhere In Time. I warned them that it's a slow moving romance movie, but they still wanted to watch it. It's a good one and both Frank & Spencer had never seen it before. They both said they liked it after it was over. I had mentioned during the movie that I just LOVE the music/soundtrack b/c it's so soul stirring. As soon as the movie was over, I went in the kitchen to start making lunch. All of a sudden, I heard the theme song from Somewhere In Time playing over the sound system Frank had hooked up for me last night.

Y'all, I could NOT contain the tears!!! Frank had gone online, found the music, converted it into an mp3, and figured out a way to play it over the sound system. He is so thoughtful, and good, and kind, and generous, and fabulous. The thing is that he didn't do that to be noticed or recognized or praised. He did it out of humility & genuine love.

 We had cheesy chicken bacon broccoli pasta for lunch, b/c it's one of Autumn's favorites. We scarfed that down & then headed off to church. We made it w/ 5 minutes to spare! What a good lookin' group. Sacrament meeting was excellent w/ wonderful talks. I wish I could put into words the JOY & BLISS I felt holding Frank's hand during sacrament meeting w/ my arm around his back. I was able to reach Spencer's shoulder and then Autumn but her arm around the back of the bench & held hands w/ me. It was nice to connect to each other on the bench and be there together partaking of the Spirit.

What HANDSOME & SHARP looking guys!!! Right after sacrament, Bro. W came over and said that Bishop needed to talk to me. I had planned on making sure Spencer got to class OK and then going to Gospel Doctrine w/ Frank. But Bro. W said he would take them and make sure they got to the right place. Bishop wanted to talk to me about Frank and just check in and see how things were going. But, he also extended me a new calling. I was just called last week to be a Relief Society teacher, but he extended a new calling, which I'll post about after it's made official on Sunday. It was amazing to sit next to Frank in Gospel Doctrine and just soak in the Spirit & the lesson.

 I walked both him & Spencer down to Priesthood and bribed the Teachers Quorum w/ brownies if they promised to take good care of Spencer for me. They were all over that! Relief Society was good, and it gave me butterflies to see Frank walking down the hall towards me to come find me after church. When I walked past the young women's room, the YW secretary gave me these beautiful flowers w/ some chocolate candy & a card that the YW had signed for me. It meant a lot to me!

Christy came over and ate dinner w/ us. I had thrown some creamy crockpot chicken in before we left for church. So, as soon as we got home I cooked up some egg noodles, green beans, and we sat down to eat. Then our home teachers came over at 5:30. As soon as they left, Frank & Spencer had to hit the road b/c they had a 3 hour drive ahead of them. It was sooooooo hard to say goodbye and watch them drive away. I had planned on talking to Frank the whole way home to keep him awake, but Mom & Dad ended up coming over to drop off some stuff. We shared some of the leftover pasta w/ them and sat and talked for a while. It was a PHENOMENAL weekend, and I'm so thankful that Frank & Spencer are able to come down & visit as often as they do.

1 comment:

Jen T said...

I am so happy for you about Frank! He seems like a great guy!!! I hope things continue to go well for you!!! How exciting!!!!!!