Saturday, May 27, 2017

The Open House

Once we got done taking pictures at the temple, Frank & I hopped in the Corvette to drive back to the house. We hurried and loaded up all the food and headed over to the church. I was FORBIDDEN from going in the kitchen or doing anything to prepare food.

We got to the church early so we could take pictures w/ Frank's side of the family before all of our guests showed up. Our photographer (who used to be one of my Young Women & just got back from a mission) got really sick & wasn't able to stay and take pictures for us. So, she just handed her camera to someone else & they took these pics for us. I'm super sad that they turned out blurry, but at least it's better than nothing.

Our new happy family of EIGHT! I was beyond THRILLED that Marissa came down. It was so great to finally meet her in person.

I feel horrible that I didn't really get to talk to Grampsy & Grannymom very much other than saying hi while we took these pictures. I'm incredibly thankful for them and the wonderful son that they raised. What NEAT people!!!

We went ahead & said a prayer and got the Open House started a little after 1:00 pm. Frank & I went through the food line first so that we could get a chance to eat before lots of guests showed up. That didn't work too well, b/c I only got a few bites to eat. But that's OK.

Our hearts were so full of gratitude to all our friends & family that were able to make it to the Open House. We enjoyed getting to greet them, hug them, talk to them, and in some cases catch up on old times.

Once we had most of the tables full of guests, we decided to cut the cake. Rachel did such a good job on it, that I didn't want to ruin it. We're laughing, b/c there was a layer of hard chocolate that we couldn't quite cut through. LOL.

I told Frank that I didn't want to get cake on my dress, so I didn't want him to smash it into my face. But right before I went to feed him his piece, he told me to smash it into his face. So, I did! It was really funny.

Then he was so sweet w/ me and nicely fed me my piece. Then we kissed & got frosting everywhere, so it didn't matter anyways. The cake that Rachel made was OUT.OF.THIS.WORLD. It is hands down THE BEST wedding cake I've ever had, and I'm not just saying that b/c it was ours. I've had LOTS of wedding cake in my life. It was a coconut cake w/ thin layers of milk chocolate bark between the layers & an almond buttercream frosting. I was in heaven with each bite! I made them save me a big huge piece to eat later.

Nate was so excited to have an excuse to wear his shiny gold suit. I'm just thankful he wore it to the Open House & not to the sealing at the temple!

We had our first dance as a married couple to "our song." It was so tender and sweet, and I just love this man more and more.

The kids had fun being a little crazy towards the end of the party. I'm so happy that people were able to stop by, eat good food, and have a lot of fun.

Olivia wasn't too sure about my big puffy dress at first, but then she warmed up to it and wanted a picture with me.

We were so sad when Marissa, Grampsy, & Grannymom had to leave to head back to Oklahoma. I know we'll be making some trips up there soon to spend some time w/ them. 

We finally called it a wrap around 2:45 so we could start cleaning up. The cleanup went SO FAST b/c everyone that was there pitched in and put away tables, chairs, and helped to load up the cars. I'm glad this was the only decorating that was done to Frank's truck.

No comments: