CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Trip To The ER

 I got over to Nate & Riannon's and was just going to pick up the meds and go home. When they found out that Frank was in Oklahoma, they insisted that I stay so they could help if I needed something. Autumn & I fell asleep on the couch and I slept for maybe 30 minutes. But, the medicine didn't help and I was pacing the kitchen and sobbing uncontrollably b/c the pain was so bad.

A friend had had hemorrhoid surgery done several years ago and had warned me that pooping after that surgery is the most painful thing he's ever lived through (and he's had broken bones before). He was right! Plus, it doesn't help that my doctor decided to remove some internal hemorrhoids while he was fixing the fissure instead of just removing the external ones.

Long story short, I finally had to go wake Nathan up about 5:00 am and ask him to take me to the Urgent Care to get some help. We went to the Urgent Care but the lady at the desk said I should got straight to the ER b/c they would end up sending me there anyways and that would save me time and money. So, we loaded back in the car and went to the ER. Mind you, I'm still sobbing this whole entire time ... even while checking into the ER.

Luckily there was no wait and they took all my info and got me right back into a room. The ER doc ordered me a lidocaine  suppository and some morphine to help with the pain. I was expecting the morphine to completely remove ALL the pain, but it didn't. But it did help a lot and took my pain level from a 9 to a 3. I sobbed even more uncontrollably when the nurse did the lidocaine suppository b/c it hurt so bad.

The ER doc said that anyone who has ever had hemorrhoid surgery and come into the ER looked exactly like I did and was also in excruciating pain. He said the doctors don't warn you how bad the pain will be, b/c otherwise no one would go through with the surgery. He was shocked that my doctor had only written me for Norco 5 instead of Norco 10 for the pain. He wrote me a script for Norco 10 so I could get that filled today instead of the Norco 5.

Poor Nate was exhausted too, but he stayed with me the whole time and was a trooper. I'm thankful our Dad was a doctor and that we talked about medical stuff all the time. So Nate wasn't phased at all with all this talk of butts and suppositories.


We finally left the hospital around 9:00 am and Nate went and got my prescription filled right away. He had called Frank once we got to the ER to let him know what was going on. He said he was leaving Oklahoma immediately and would be there in 3 hours. We went back to Nate & Riannon's house to wait for Frank to drive me home since I shouldn't be driving w/ morphine & Norco in my system. I felt so bad that Riannon had to handle all the kids by herself especially since she had just had a c-section 4 days ago. But Autumn was a super good helper, and I helped as much as I could when we got back.

You can see how tired and in pain I am in my eyes in this picture. Frank came and got us, took us home, and took care of me the rest of the day. I rested and slept and stayed on top of my medications to keep the pain at bay. The whole thing was a wretched ordeal and I will be so thankful once my butt is completely healed.

No comments: