CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Choice & A “Candyland” ibility

P1100202 Tonight when we got to Mom & Dad’s, Dad was just finishing mowing the lawn.  He stopped & turned it off so Autumn could go for a ride w/ him.  She wanted to steer, but was making this concerned face, b/c she didn’t want him to turn it back on b/c she says it’s too loud!  LOL!  We told her that he has to turn it back on for her to be able to steer it…silly girl.  She’s used to help Papa mow the lawn all the time.  As she’s gotten older, she’s turned into more of a prissy girl.

P1100203 This picture is so cute.  She’s getting so big, b/c it seems like just last year that she was a little toddler & now look at her!  She looks like she’s almost as tall as Papa!  I tried mowing the lawn w/ her a month ago & she’s just too big anymore to fit on my lap when I’m mowing.

Mom made some really good soup for dinner, which was perfect b/c there was a huge storm that rolled through the metroplex this morning & kept things cool.  I had to leave after dinner so I could come home & get some treats for Young Women’s.  It was combined YW & we (Laurels) were in charge.  Since the value for this month is Choice & Accountability, we watched  the Prodigal son 5 minute movie and talked about the different choices that the prodigal son, Dad, & good son made and what the consequences were.  It was a really good discussion. 

P1100204Then we played Choice & A “candyland” ibility and I got the game idea from HERE.  Bro. Alldredge stayed w/ us and he said we have no idea how different our activities are (for the better) than the Young Men’s.  He even played the game w/ us & he and I were on the same team & he wanted to be the Belle character (we played the Disney version of Candyland).  It seemed like the 4 girls & other 2 leaders had a great time.  Then I gave the winning pair their own pan of brownies each.  It was their choice if they wanted to share or not.  They were nice & shared, so everyone got about 1/4 of a 9x13 pan of brownies!  They loved that.  I had to stop & get gas on the way home b/c I was down to a 1/4 of a tank.  This was the pretty sunset I got to see.

P1100206 I called Mom when we got done at 8:30 to see if she was here at my house so Autumn could go to sleep.  She said that Autumn was out in the pool swimming w/ Papa.  He had to go to the clinic & cut out an ingrown toe nail for a missionary, and then when he got home Autumn wanted to swim.  They went to get in the pool, and he saw a frog so he told her to come look at it.  While they were looking for the frog that jumped into the bush, they heard a plop in the pool.  They turned around & saw that a different frog had jumped into the pool & started swimming towards the bottom.  The reason was that there was a 3 foot snake in the grass trying to eat it!!!  When Dad moved closer to look at the snake, it slithered back into the bushes!

Once all the wildlife was out of the pool, they had fun swimming.  When I got home, Dad was showing Autumn how to do a handstand in the water.  He was making fun of me, b/c I used to do that ALL.THE.TIME. when I was younger & thought I was so cool!  BA HA HA!  I was such a dufus.

I ended the night w/ doing some laundry, editing pics, and watching reruns of Duck Dynasty, Jack!

No comments: