CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Picking Right Back Up Where We Left Off With Long Lost Friends

IMG_3789 I got up this morning and went to the 8:00 session at the temple.  There were 3 young men going through for the first time before going on their missions, which was neat.

IMG_3795 After the temple I usually go home, but a few weeks ago I had made plans to meet up w/ Jeremy & Brian for lunch.  So, after the temple I drove to Dallas & had about 30 minutes to kill.  So, I went to Michael’s to look around.  I needed to use the restroom, and was shocked to find that they have it under lock and key.  I guess that’s how they do things in Dallas … I’m not in Kansas anymore, Toto!  I had to go find an employee and ask them for the code to be able to go in and use the restroom.  Crazy!

P1110843 It was SO MUCH FUN to eat lunch w/ Brian & Jeremy and to catch up.  The last time I saw Jeremy & Brian was in Sept 2008 for Tara’s funeral.  It was so great to reminisce and remember Tara and all the great times we had.  It made me miss her so much b/c Tara & Jeremy have a lot of the same mannerisms.  I just love them, and am so glad we got to spend time together.

IMG_3799 I came home, changed clothes, got the chicken I was marinating, and headed over to Mom & Dad’s.  Autumn helped me get some of the food ready for our swim party.  I was cutting strawberries in my hand, and she was really interested how I was doing that w/out cutting myself.  I decided it was time for her to learn how to cut fruit.  I got out a cutting board, showed her how to do it, warned her about not cutting herself, and let her try it.  She did great and cut up a bunch of strawberries all on her own (w/ my supervision).  I’m so proud of her for learning & growing & trying new things.

IMG_2302The Dakins came over at 3:00 & we did grilled chicken, hot dogs, fruit, chips, salad, and drinks.  We hadn’t seen them in a really long time, so it was a blast having them here to swim.  I didn’t realize it, but by the time they left we had been swimming for 3 hours!  Time flies when you’re having fun.  We’re so thankful for their friendship.  We spent the rest of the evening just relaxing from such a busy and long day.

No comments: