CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Gettin’ Our Craft On

IMG_5939 Today after work/school we went to Chipotle for dinner & split a bowl.  It’s more economical that way, plus they give you so much food that half a bowl is just the right amount for both of us.  After we ate, we went over to Hobby Lobby b/c I had to get some heavy duty poster board (the kind they use to frame pictures) for a craft we’re doing in Young Women’s.  While we were there, Autumn had to check out the rainbow loom bands.  She has SO MANY that I refuse to buy her more, but she wanted some so I told her she could use her birthday money to buy some. 

I had a good parenting moment & channeled my inner “Hands Free Mama” (that is a great blog to read, by the way) when I stood there for 4 minutes while she hmmmed and hawwwed and tried to figure out which ones she wanted.  My natural tendency would be to hurry her along, but I just stood back & let her have time w/out feeling rushed.  I have to admit it was hard for me to do, but it was also really good for me to do.

IMG_5940 We were over near one of the clinics, so we stopped in so Autumn could get her picture next to the alien that looks like Papa (glasses, bald head, suspenders).  I wish I would have gotten a picture of her standing next to it every year so I could see how she’s grown.  But, the few I do have are better than nothing.

IMG_5942We went over to Mom & Dad’s house so I could use some of Mom’s crafting stuff to cut up the HUGE sheets of  matting board for the project we’re doing in Young Women’s.  Autumn was a sweetheart and brought me up some of the cake that Nate made along w/ some mandarin oranges she had peeled.  She’s so thoughtful!

No comments: