CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

It Is Usually Through Another Person That He Meets Our Needs

IMG_6158 When we got over to Mom & Dad’s house tonight, Nick was there with a date! Her name is Siva, she’s from El Salvador and is a cutie. They were waiting for Nick’s friend and his friend’s wife (who set them up) to come pick them up to go on a double date. I hope they have fun!

IMG_6159 After dinner, Autumn & I came home to work on the valentines for her class mates. She wrote her name on the back of all the valentines and I punched holes in them and stuck the pencils through the cards.

IMG_6160After I got Autumn to bed, I made a pan of brownies to give to the young man in my ward who earned “extra brownie points” yesterday by going above & beyond to keep his baptismal covenant to “comfort those that stand in need of comfort.” I’ll give them to him tomorrow at mutual.

I posted this pic w/ the above explanation on Facebook and a lady from another ward wrote, “I remember the day you were called to be the YW President. You were worried you wouldn’t do a good job. I think this photo stands as evidence that my complete confidence in you was 100% spot on. I wish you could travel back in time and be MY YW President. You are amazing!”

I’m not posting that here to brag, but I want to record it (and this is my digital journal) about what a tender mercy her words were and how they helped to soothe and calm my troubled spirit. This whole experience of the chocolates yesterday & this Facebook comment today remind me of this quote, “God does notice us, and He watches over us. But it is usually through another person that He meets our needs.” ~ President Kimball

No comments: