CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 4, 2016

You Go Your Way, And I'll Go Mine

When I got to the temple this morning, this is the scene that greeted me. There was the cutest little family doing some service by cleaning out the flowerbeds. This little boy (who looked to be about 2 years old) was even "helping" with his rake. What a great thing to teach children to serve at such a young and tender age. "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." ~ Proverbs 22:6

 After the temple, I hurried home, changed clothes, and Autumn & I hit the road. We got to McDonald's a little bit before Lexie & the boys, so we sat and waited for them. I had to laugh at this guy sitting outside. He's wearing a shirt that says "safety is no accident" while he's wearing a back brace and smoking a cigarette. The irony of it all made me laugh.

 When Lexie & the boys got there we ordered lunch and then the kids ran off to play. Lexie & I had a great time talking w/ each other and catching up w/ what's going on in each others lives. We let the kids play for 2 hours before we had to head our separate ways. I wanted to get a picture, and the cute little boy behind Jackson & Andrew wanted to be in the picture, too. And look at that face Adam is giving me! LOL! It was fun to recreate the picture from last year and see how much the kids have grown. 

 We put Autumn's stuff into Lexie's car, we gave hugs, said our good byes, and they went one way and I went the other. I know she's going to have a FABULOUS time and will hardly even miss me.

 Parts of the drive home were so pretty w/ the green corn fields, blue skies, and white cotton clouds.

I got home, had some dinner, got a few things done around the house, and then went and got my nails done. I LOVE getting these "mood" nails b/c they change colors based on temperature. I went w/ one that is a light pink w/ glitter when I'm hot and a bright pink when I'm cold.

It was SO WEIRD to come home to an empty & quiet house. I have to admit that I'm looking forward to sleeping by myself tonight. I won't have to steal the covers back from Autumn, and I can get a good night's rest. When I called tonight to tell her goodnight, she barely had time to talk to me b/c she was so busy running around and having fun. I'm glad she enjoys being at Lexie's house so much!

2 comments:

Jen T said...

Enjoy the time and bed to yourself! It is important to have "me" time too!

Eric Meijer said...

Hello...

Talking To Toddlers: Dealing With The Terrible Twos And Beyond
New Higher Conversions! I Will Work With Affiliates Personally.parents Love This Studio Quality Audio + Ebook Combo. 75% Payout + Almost No Refunds. Differentiated Product For Toddler Parents.

PLEASE VISIT:
http://93e422rgq77wdndperx5h5phw6.hop.clickbank.net/