CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Project Life Tuesday ~ Week 34

IMG_6797 This was a full week w/ a lot of fun memories, sad good byes and some exciting firsts.

Monday ~ We love doing puzzles, so tonight we started a new 1,000 piece puzzle that Mom & Aunt Jeri bought while they were out shopping.  We love having Aunt Jeri here and she got to experience 2 of her firsts…her first pedicure and her first time getting her eyebrows done.

Tuesday ~ Autumn & Papa were in the back room putting drinks in the fridge and we heard Autumn giggling a lot.  We knew they were up to something and Autumn came out w/ the soda boxes on her arms and legs.  She said she was a robot.

Wednesday ~ For Young Women’s tonight we talked about friendship and how important good friends are.  Then we had a little good bye party for Karri & Kylie & Carlee who are all going to be in a different ward (congregation) starting Sunday.  I am going to miss Karri so much!

Thursday ~ Another first this week was that Autumn got to see her new Kindergarten classroom & meet her new teacher at Meet The Teacher Night.  She was so excited and loved looking at her new school supplies.  I was able to include 3 pictures by doing a collage on Picasa.

Friday ~ I wanted to include a screen shot of a game that Autumn plays on my phone all the time.  I think that will be so fun for her to look back on years from now.  It was a png file and I couldn’t figure out how to turn it into a jpeg so I could print it off at walmart.com.  So, I just found a jpeg pic of it online.

Saturday ~ Autumn & I got a lot of errands done, went shopping, went to lunch, and just had a fun girls day out w/ each other.  She’s so much fun at this age and I’m am thoroughly enjoying her.

Sunday ~ My lesson in young women’s today was about Avoiding Degrading Media Influences.  There was a quote that said, “Do not make your mind a dumping ground for other people’s garbage.” ~Pres. Ezra Taft Benson

I made some kitty litter cake to go along w/ the lesson and that quote.  The “poop” is just melted and shaped tootsie rolls.  It looked so real that some of the girls were leery about trying it.  Hopefully it made an impact and will be something they remember the next time they’re watching a questionable movie or listening to a song w/ inappropriate lyrics.

IMG_6798Speaking of songs, I love it when it comes around to the week that I have this card as my filler card, b/c I’ve been writing some of our favorite songs from the radio and iTunes.  I’ve been trying to mix in some oldies but goodies like Dancing Queen so Autumn can know those classic songs, too.

I’m linked up over at The Mom Creative.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY, Y’ALL!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great layout! I love how you organized it by day of the week.

Joe Dapelo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Dapelo Family said...

I love that you are teaching them the "old" stuff. :) The kitty litter cake object lesson was awesome!