CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Eatin' Out For Lunch & Dinner

The last time I went to the temple, I was in Joburg, South Africa! The last 2 Saturdays Autumn & I have done the "Feed The Homeless" events. Even though I've missed attending the temple, I feel it's important for Autumn to learn to love serving others so that took priority the last 2 Saturdays. It was so nice to be back at the temple this morning. Even if the temple grounds in Dallas aren't nearly as pretty as Joburg's, that is not what is important. The things that happen inside the temple are the same, and those are the things that matter.

 I got home from the temple, had Autumn get ready for the day, and we hopped in the car to drive over near the airport. My cousin's wife, Brittany, was in town for a HLHS (Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome) conference. Their son was born with it and they have done an incredible job of advocating for him and all kids w/ HLHS. She had reached out to me last week to see if we could get together for lunch. We decided to meet up at Cheddars.

 It was so great to talk w/ her and catch up w/ what's going on in their lives. It's especially fun since Seth & I were in the same single's ward when I was living at Rufio's and he was living at Grandma & Grandpa Johnson's. So, I've known Brittany since they started dating.

 Autumn & I had to hurry back to the other side of the metroplex to attend the Texas Ballet Theater's production of Cinderella. I bought the tickets months ago, and it's fun that today was finally the day we got to go. At first Autumn thought it was weird that there wasn't any talking and it was all dancing. She's used to seeing musicals. But, by the first intermission she was LOVING it. I caught her doing ballet moves the whole rest of the day. These dancers are so incredibly talented and I'm thankful we can afford to attend uplifting events like this together.

 The sunset tonight was very pretty b/c of the clouds.

 Nick stayed home w/ Autumn so I could go out to dinner w/ Liz & some ladies from church. Liz is having her baby on Monday so she wanted to have a get together dinner at Torchy's Tacos. I'm glad we got there at 6:00, b/c the line was out the door by 7:00! We sat and talked, laughed, and ate for a long time. I'm so excited for her and can't wait to meet Baby Jordan.

I had to leave a little bit early so I could go chaperon a youth dance from 8:00 - 10:30. It's so easy to do since the Stake leaders just have us sit near an entrance and make sure everything is OK. I brought my laptop so I could edit pics and blog. The dance wasn't as full as usual this time, b/c it was just our Stake and it's also Spring Break. I was surprised at how many kids were actually there given those 2 factors. It was a nice & relaxing evening, and I'm glad I got to see a few of my YW there and talk to them for a little bit.

No comments: