CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Year In Review

I am so glad I've kept up this "Year In Review" tradition on my blog since 2008. Here are years past:

January 2016: *Picked my One Little Word/Phrase for the year ~ Be a FOUNTAIN, not a drain.
*Helped make meals for the homeless
*Dash The Fish died
*Autumn turned 9 & had a friend's birthday party 
*Got a crown (for my teeth)
*Mommy/Daughter date to see "Seussical The Musical"
*I went on a date for the first time in 7 years!!!
*We got to "dogsit" Emma Dog

February 2016: *Highlights & haircut from Hannah
*Olivia's 2nd birthday
*I got an iPhone 6s
*I went on a 2nd date
*Surprise 50th wedding anniversary for Bill & Virginia M.
*2/11 - 2/25 Trip to South Africa to visit Papa & Mimi
*Got to help break a world record for most sandwiches made at one time
*New church building open house
*Nate played in a hockey game of firemen vs policemen

March 2016:
*Open house at Autumn's school
*Evening out w/ Donna & Abbey to see Zootopia
*I tried color changing nails for the 1st time
*Girl's Night at Christine's to celebrate Mary's birthday
*Luna the Dog came to our office for the first time
*Our water heater broke
*Autumn & I went to the Cinderella ballet
*Baby Jordan was born on Pi (3/14) Day!
*New Beginnings
*Autumn's first volleyball practice
*Eggcellent Easter Extravaganza
*We stared having FHE w/ Nate & Family
*My odometer passed 100,000 miles
*2 late night movies w/ Mary & Karri
*Easter at the farm
*Started "Brownies & Bonding" with the YW
*Rough evening at YW b/c I got angry at a few of them 

April 2016: 
*Did a ride along w/ Nate on April Fool's Day
*Autumn's first volleyball game
*Autumn went to the Daddy/Daughter campout w/ Kylie & Kenzie
*Bluebonnet pics
*Hailstorm & Autumn danced in the rain
*Autumn's "Math Rocks: The Musical"
*Nate & Riannon moved into a new house!!!*Autumn & I went to a luau
*Autumn had friends over for a spa day
*04/22 ~ I started Medifast
*Nate's 29th birthday
*I had to get my transmission fixed, and my boss let me borrow his truck
*Game Of Life youth conference

May 2016:
*Cupcake decorating activity for YW
*Mother's Day & Nick spoke in church
*I burned my left forearm on the oven
*YCL camp training
*Autumn & I went to the dance & flag team's Showcase
*Nate & Riannon's open house party
*Marcus introduced us to Snapchat
*Change the World service activity
*Went & saw "Love & Friendship" w/ Mary & Jessie
*Autumn's last volleyball game
*Autumn & Ashley lunch date
*Luau for graduating seniors
*Girls night to celebrate Christine's birthday
*Color Fun Run
*05/30 ~ Mowgli the dog joined Nate & Riannon's family
*We had to cut Autumn's hair 9 inches b/c she got lice

June 2012: 
*Nate & Riannon offered to watch Autumn for me all summer
*Autumn went to stay w/ Lexie & crew while I was doing YW camp
*Concert in the park w/ Liz & Lib
*06/09 - 06/11 Ward YW Camp in Mom & Dad's backyard
*Ashley's last Sunday
*My car window wouldn't stay up so I had to get it fixed (over $300)
*06/14 - 06/16 Stake YW Camp
*Dive-in movie w/ Riannon & Olivia
*Concert in the park w/ Nate & crew
*Mom’s 60th birthday!!!
*Lexie’s 33rd birthday
*Israeli Scout Troupe performance
*Saw our city’s fireworks display at Liz & Liberty's (they do it the Saturday before 4th of July)

July 2016: 

*4th of July parade
*07/07 Shooting of Dallas police officers during a protest
*Ride along w/ Nate
*Nate, Riannon, & Olivia went to Chicago
*Alice in Wonderland 4D maze w/ Autumn & dinner w/ Mou
*First cheer practice of the D4 season
*Riannon's family came to visit for a few weeks
*Pest control swim party
*YW Pretty Pretty Princess Party
*Celebrated National Cheesecake Day twice
*Autumn & I had a "Girl's Day Out"

August 2016: 
*The Olympics & best part was Pita from Tonga
*Lots of new Type 2 clothes for Autumn
*One of my former YW went through the temple & got married
*Cheer camp
*Tyler's surprise birthday party
*Nate gave a talk in church in his police uniform
*Autumn got lice for the FOURTH time
*Dive-in movie w/ Donna & Abbey
*Autumn started 4th grade
*Men from Mom & Dad's ward came & did yard work
*08/24 ~ Mom & Dad are home from their temple mission to South Africa
*I lost 45 lbs since April & surprised Mom & Dad at the airport
*Nate & Riannon's BabyQ party
*Humphrey the Hamster died
*We got 2 new Robo hamsters (Humphrey Jr & Turbo)
*Mom & Dad got a new car

September 2016: 
*First high school football game of the season
*First cheer game of the season
*Labor Day swim party w/ Bob & Maggie
*Youth temple trip
*Jana, Jill, Rick, & Keith came to visit
*Mom & Dad gave their homecoming talk at church
*09/13 ~ Dad's 61st birthday & Spencer is born
*Hilarious lip retractor game
*I went on a trip to Austin for work
*Autumn got a mermaid tail
*Mom & Dad did a BYD to talk to our youth about their mission
*Poldark Season 2 started
*Nick's 31st birthday (we surprised him at work)
*Autumn got spacers
*Days For Girls stake service activity before Women's Broadcast
*Riannon's birthday
*I got to be on my first Scout Eagle board of review
*Autumn had Waverly over for a sleepover

October 2016: 
*Watching General Conference at Mom & Dad's house
*10/03 ~ Autumn got her Herbst put in
*National Night Out & Chili cookoff in Nate & Riannon's neighborhood
*Mom & Dad went on a road trip back East to visit Harris & Dennis & see The Ark in Kentucky
*I had to get a new car battery
*I started organizing & scanning all of Mom & Dad's pictures
*Late Night Play Date for Autumn & 3 friends
*Autumn took Mimi to get pampered on Columbus Day since she had no school
*I got highlights & a haircut
*Personal Progress Pajama Party for YWIE
*Single Adult Conference
*Friday Night Cheer Fest
*2 Halloween Parties
*Shrimp boil at Robert & Sandy's b/c Rich & Cassie & girls were visiting
*Happy 37th birthday to me & Mom & Dad & Nick flew to El Salvador
*Special night for Nate
*10/26 ~ Nick & Savi got civilly married
*10/27 - 10/31 ~ Trip to El Salvador for Nick & Savi's wedding
*Halloween Night parties

November 2016: 
*Muffins With Mom at Autumn's school
*Nick & Savi made it back from El Salvador safe & sound
*The family helped make sandwiches for the homeless
*Liberty crushed his finger under a car & had Dad look at the xrays
*Mimi helped Autumn w/ her American Indian diorama for school
*I voted & Donald Trump won the election
*Veteran's Day assembly with Nate & Papa at Autumn's school
*11/12 ~ Savi's birthday, last cheer game, Autumn got glasses
*The Bergs came to visit (they were the public affairs couple in South Africa)
*Relief Society Thanksgiving Dinner
*Autumn went w/ the L family to the Daddy/Daughter campout
*Andrew & Jackson came to visit over Thanksgiving break
*Nick & Savi's Texas wedding reception
*I gave a talk & also taught Gospel Doctrine
*We got to dogsit Emma Dog
*Autumn moved into Nick's old room
*We went & saw Moana as a family
*Went to Uncle Robert & Aunt Sandy’s for Thanksgiving
*Dad took a fish hook out of someone's finger at our kitchen table
*Autumn & I went to Disney On Ice
*Christmas tree lighting carnival
*Olivia was given a name & a blessing

December 2016: 
*Rosy Posy came back again & Autumn was so excited
*Nick & Savi were Mary & Joseph for the live nativity & Dad was an ambassador
*Liz & I went to the Nutcracker ballet
*We survived the Nativity Clean Up of 2016
*Spencer was given a name & a blessing
*Combined YW Christmas party at my house
*Autumn & I went to the Nutcracker ballet
*Ward Christmas party and I was in charge. A LOT of work, but a huge success
*Papa & Autumn went to the Daddy/Daughter ball
*Bergs came to visit again on their way home
*Autumn's last night (of 16) having her expander opened
*Combined YM/YW activity at Whirlyball
*Mom & Dad got their mission call to go back to Africa in April
*Family Pictures
*Christmas with the whole family
*New clothes for Autumn
*Everyone getting sick
*New Year's Pool Dip

WOW! 2016 has been a WONDERFUL year. It's had it's challenges for sure with the death of a few pets, car issues, a broken water heater, and having a lot of stressful events (YW camps). But we have also been blessed beyond measure. The highlights have been getting to travel to 2 continents that I've never been to before, adding 3 new members to our family (Spencer, Savi, & Mowgli), having Mom & Dad home from their mission, losing weight, and getting Autumn's teeth and eyesight fixed. Here's to a WONDERFUL 2017!

No comments: